Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:23 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 53 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Missing the Point / Continuing the smears
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:47 am 
Site Admin

I suppose Moonbat was right, after a fashion. "Rajendra Pachauri innocent of financial misdealings but smears will continue," he wrote in a particularly idiotic piece which had his warmist claque all a twitter over the vile accusations that Booker and North had made about this saintly figure. Well, the "smears" have continued, and leading the way is the Moonbat's spiritual home, The Guardian, with a headline "Rajendra Pachauri, head of UN climate change body, under pressure to resign".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Continuing the smears
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:23 am 

Harrabin in his 10 report said the IPCC had been unclear about some of its references.

On the contrary: Richard, and especially Donna Laframboise, have clearly shown that some contentions were based on campaigning material.

In a BBC News24 interview the secretary of the IPCC trotted out the old lie that Indian glaciers were the only mistake. The interviewer came back about the Dutch sea levels, but not Amazongate.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:06 am 

Quote:
There was enough in the panel's findings and recommendations, it goes on to say, "to suggest Pachauri runs a bad ship".

Does that mean that Pachauri is all at sea?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:34 am 

Unusually, I watched the news from the BBC on the contraption last night.

They are being very clever, all sorts of hints about what these AGW characters might or might not have said or written... Bits of film of melting glaciers and Nobel award ceremonies etc...

Nothing about who is uncovering their prevarications and over-eggings. Nothing about the implications regarding tax burdens and costs to the normal punter on the street.

Sort of an intellectual exercise this global warming thing, we are all just unaffected bystanders who have nothing to lose and everything to gain from their "work"...

Good old Auntie (as this nest of vipers likes to be called).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:43 am 
Site Admin

Stephen Jenner wrote:
Unusually, I watched the news from the BBC on the contraption last night.

They are being very clever, all sorts of hints about what these AGW characters might or might not have said or written... Bits of film of melting glaciers and Nobel award ceremonies etc...

Nothing about who is uncovering their prevarications and over-eggings. Nothing about the implications regarding tax burdens and costs to the normal punter on the street.

Sort of an intellectual exercise this global warming thing, we are all just unaffected bystanders who have nothing to lose and everything to gain from their "work"...

Good old Auntie (as this nest of vipers likes to be called).

Interestingly, the epithet "auntie" was gained during the early part of WWII ... it was not complimentary, but ironic, reflecting the patronising, tedious, nagging tone adoped by the Beeb. At one time, it was so boring that people were deserting in their droves to listen to German propaganda stations.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:58 am 

Strange how the Telegraph's environment reporter was not around to cover this story. I suppose Louise is on holiday. Yes, that must be it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:41 am 

Monbiot has seen the light about Pachauri? Well there is a surprise - only a few weeks ago he was tell me on his blog that I was being unfair to the man. With Monbiot it is a matter of which side the bread is buttered, it never has much to do with taking a personal stand or choosing between right and wrong. No sincerity, his views are not worth reading about

Post subject: Continuing the smears
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:02 pm 

Another officially inspired "fear theme" is emerging, as this recent news article indicates: Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs'. See: http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20100826/9 ... -in_1.html
Now are Pachauri, the WWF, Greenpeace, & Monbiot et al all going to claim this event, if it actually happens, has been caused by so-called "man-made global warming"? What's the betting they will do?

Watchet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Watchet wrote:
Another officially inspired "fear theme" is emerging, as this recent news article indicates: Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs'. See: http://in.news.yahoo.com/139/20100826/9 ... -in_1.html
Now are Pachauri, the WWF, Greenpeace, & Monbiot et al all going to claim this event, if it actually happens, has been caused by so-called "man-made global warming"? What's the betting they will do?

Watchet

Of course it's global warming ... everything is caused by global warming ... that goes without saying.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:21 pm 

I'm quite sure that the IAC report would have been much 'lighter' on matters of conflicts of interest and time limits to executive roles had it not been for Richard North's persistent research into Rajendra Pachauri and his miriad fingers/pies/stitch-ups.

These days it's taken for granted that Pachy has earned his place as the rightful spiritual successor to the Maharishi and Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh but - to the best of my knowledge - it was Dr North who first put him under the spotlight.

In the end a bit of sitting duck who never stood much of a chance - I imagine that October will see him out in a firm but "thanks for all his hard work and commitment" way - but neverthless we should be grateful for an excellent (and thoroughly enjoyable) disection.

Thank you!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:31 pm 

Dr North, Tim Lambert the Australian warmist blogger has a "Northgate" post where, surprise surprise, Simon Lewis sticks his head over the parapet.

http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2010/08 ... action.php

He writes:
Quote:
The published S. Times correction, and removal of the original article from the S. Times website, were brokered by the UK's Press Complaints Commission. Had the S. Times not come to an agreed remedy then my complaint would have gone to an PCC adjudication panel to decide if the S. Times had broken any PCC rules.

So, the PCC 'brokered' a correction from the Sunday Times, contrary to earlier speculation that the retraction was as a result of adjudication. There was no adjudication, no formal process involved. Therefore Monbiot's pointless exultation was based on a behind-the-scenes, under-the-table "remedy"

Will the PCC reveal its internal documents which support its actions of 'brokering' remedies, in order to prevent its own adjudication process from happening?

PDT_Armataz_01_08

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:19 pm 
JerryM wrote:
I'm quite sure that the IAC report would have been much 'lighter' on matters of conflicts of interest and time limits to executive roles had it not been for Richard North's persistent research into Rajendra Pachauri and his miriad fingers/pies/stitch-ups.

These days it's taken for granted that Pachy has earned his place as the rightful spiritual successor to the Maharishi and Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh but - to the best of my knowledge - it was Dr North who first put him under the spotlight.

In the end a bit of sitting duck who never stood much of a chance - I imagine that October will see him out in a firm but "thanks for all his hard work and commitment" way - but neverthless we should be grateful for an excellent (and thoroughly enjoyable) disection.

Thank you!

I second that.

RAENORTH wrote:
Of course it's global warming ... everything is caused by global warming ... that goes without saying.

Excuse me, but no, that was yesterday, Richard.

I think we have here the makings of a new leftard version (another leftard version) of their Doctrine of Original Sin.

Gaia and the Solar System are gonna kick Whitie West's arse for being racist plunderers and despoilers of the planet and restore justice for the benefit of all the 'exploited' backward peoples, cultures and religions of the shithole turdworld.

Apparently we're holding back their development.

Oh yeah? What development would they have ever had but for the European Renaissance/Enlightenment (RE) and the ensuing introduction of science* and industrialisation to the world? Holding back their development. Sh1t.

* Roughly from Copernicus onwards (with special mention to Archimedes and his Principle). Hero's steam turbine, and similar, were engineering/technology**. The Romans were engineers but not scientists. And making and recording astronomical observations, for example, isn't science, and neither is mathematics, though it's necessary for science. There was no science before the RE, despite what the multiculti propagandists want to tell you. Similarly, the explosion in mathematics was purely a Western phenomenon — there was bugger all worth talking about going on between the time of the ancient Greeks and the RE. The turdworld added nothing.

** Technology has always existed, I guess from the first stone axe or whatnot. Science's hand in its development is a very recent thing (the last 200 years at most, and probably the last 150 years is still an overestimate).

I hope I haven't offended anyone.

Much.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:29 pm 
Shub Niggurath wrote:
Will the PCC reveal its internal documents which support its actions of 'brokering' remedies, in order to prevent its own adjudication process from happening?

Ooh! Nice one. :lol:

Added:
Shub, you're doing a nice job on Tim Lambert's eco-freako wank engine. Keep pouring that sharp sand in. Bang a spud up his 'exhaust pipe' too.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:25 pm 
Site Admin

Shub Niggurath wrote:
Dr North, Tim Lambert the Australian warmist blogger has a "Northgate" post where, surprise surprise, Simon Lewis sticks his head over the parapet.

http://scienceblogs.com/deltoid/2010/08 ... action.php

He writes:
Quote:
The published S. Times correction, and removal of the original article from the S. Times website, were brokered by the UK's Press Complaints Commission. Had the S. Times not come to an agreed remedy then my complaint would have gone to an PCC adjudication panel to decide if the S. Times had broken any PCC rules.

So, the PCC 'brokered' a correction from the Sunday Times, contrary to earlier speculation that the retraction was as a result of adjudication. There was no adjudication, no formal process involved. Therefore Monbiot's pointless exultation was based on a behind-the-scenes, under-the-table "remedy"

PDT_Armataz_01_08

Fascinating ... thanks for the link. It really is quite interesting how full of himself Lewis actually is, despite knowing so little of what actually went on and understanding less.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:58 pm 

I notice Lambert describes himself as a "computer scientist", that explains it then! PDT_Armataz_01_33

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 53 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next