Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:33 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 76 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Roll on the day
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

Seventy years ago, they were sending semi-obsolescent aircraft over in their hundreds, bombing the shit out of us, doing their very best to kill us. Now, they're still trying to do the same thing, this time through the mechanism of cocking up our controls over nurses' competence.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Roll on the day
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:18 pm 
No mention of the nurses' comptence in the rebuttal on the europa website http://ec.europa.eu/unitedkingdom/blog/index_en.htm which only deals with language ability. As this was originally raised by the Daily Mail in July it would appear to be true. Certainly the NMC weren't happy then.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:35 pm 
Richard, I couldn't agree more. Do you know, are we still able to refuse to be treated by someone; i.e. can I ask for another doctor, nurse etc to actually touch me, should I have the misfortune to visit one of our wonderful nhs hospitals? And if I can, do I have to give a reason?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:13 pm 
One of my greatest hope, personally, is to live to see that day of which you write. It might be when the ever shrinking toilet paper sheet is too small to use! Bet they still retain large size in their offices along with the only duty free shop in Europe.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:56 pm 
Just as a matter of interest, but what rules do the germans apply? Do they have their own version of the rules?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

Eddy wrote:
Just as a matter of interest, but what rules do the germans apply? Do they have their own version of the rules?

The frustrating thing is that it is very difficult to find out, but we do know that when commercial/national interests are involved, EU rules tend to get ignored.

http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2006/1 ... sweep.html

It is only our fools who are slaves to the euro-weenies.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:35 pm 
Hague? A poofter? He can't be, he's from Yorkshire for heaven's sake...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:36 pm 
"The frustrating thing is that it is very difficult to find out, "

That's nice but maybe you should spend a little more time trying to find out before going off on your nazi style rants.

I wonder can you speak any other language? Someone who has been obsessed with Europe for as long as you must at least have given it a try.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:47 pm 
What a shame. This used to be a good blog.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:01 pm 

It is difficult to find out, and then there's the difference between regulation and reality.

These rules have probably been brought in to counter the obstacles put in the way of migrating labour in countries other than the UK. Germany was always notoriously hard to work in legally because of the education system*. The fact that most people have some sort of qualification to do what they do, certification at a level not required elsewhere. In the UK, if you wanna be a windowcleaner, you buy a bucket and start cleaning. In Germany, you apprentice to a windowcleaner, carry his buckets, and eventually get a chitty that says you are a windowcleaner. That goes for nearly every identifiable job. You can't work without it, you can't change jobs. It is therefore jealously guarded, and they do not want every Tom, Dick and Henri coming in cleaning windows without a chit. Even if they've been doing it for decades in their home state.

*Unless my info gained in the last century is now obsolete.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:29 pm 

Mosquito said:-
Quote:
and eventually get a chitty that says you are a

That is the European way and it is coming here too... For instance, the ability of a capable DiY'er to rewire his own house is now verboten, only an electrician with the right chitty is allowed to do this.
Be aware that an electrician of perhaps 20 years experience is no longer allowed to work as an electrician without having been to a training session to be awarded his certificate. Usually awarded by some young person in a Hi-Vi who has done the course on training but ain't got a clue about wiring up a plug.

This is coming into every aspect of our entire lives soon. Diy mechanics..?!?! Service your OWN car...!!! Sacre Bleu...Merde...
The whole point of the EU is Regulation....They will permit us to do what they permit us to do.
The old ways of "In Britain anything is permitted unless forbidden, On the Continent everything is forbidden unless permitted..." Don't say you weren't warned..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

Guest wrote:
What a shame. This used to be a good blog.

Yea, it was so good that you registered on the forum, indentified yourself and took an active part in the discussion ... and pressed the Paypal button occasionally.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:33 pm 
Site Admin

swingvoter wrote:
"The frustrating thing is that it is very difficult to find out, "

That's nice but maybe you should spend a little more time trying to find out before going off on your nazi style rants.

I wonder can you speak any other language? Someone who has been obsessed with Europe for as long as you must at least have given it a try.

And what, pray, is a "nazi style rant"?

While we are about it, what is a "swingvoter", other than perhaps someone with insufficient brain or political conviction to decide which parties to reject?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:42 pm 
I'd define a swingvoter as:

Any voter who voted for one of the three main parties in the last election deserves to swing

Simples!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:38 pm 

Not only Germany.....

Try to become a ski- or snowboard instructor in France. You may even take the instructors course in France, but as a foreigner you are still only allowed to act as a guide to your own countrymen. Should you try to give actual lessons you are liable to get arrested. Of course this is contrary to free trade and all the other Brussel goodies, but the French don't care one iota.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 76 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next