Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:27 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: The green hypocrite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:16 pm 
Site Admin

Julie Burchill doesn't like the son and heir, calling him the "green hypocrite". She also notes that "Green" is the first socio-political movement in which every single leader and spokesperson is filthy rich.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The green hypocrite
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:12 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
Julie Burchill doesn't like the son and heir, calling him the "green hypocrite". She also notes that "Green" is the first socio-political movement in which every single leader and spokesperson is filthy rich.

She's always been an anti-elitist, as far back as her NME days. Whenever the great and good tell the plebs what to do she rebels. Not that she's a great thinker!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:00 pm 
Site Admin

JohnM wrote:
RAENORTH wrote:

She's always been an anti-elitist, as far back as her NME days. Whenever the great and good tell the plebs what to do she rebels. Not that she's a great thinker!

It doesn't make her wrong ... and the Indie is giving her space. I don't have a problem with her slagging off HRH.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:02 pm 
Well, I could bear to read some of Julie Burchill's article - which is more than applies to most of the Independent's over-cooked offerings. Reminds me of the joke about the son-and-hot-heir: what's the difference between Prince Charles and a fairy tale prince? The fairy tale prince slays the dragon and marries the princess!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:27 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
It doesn't make her wrong ... and the Indie is giving her space. I don't have a problem with her slagging off HRH.

No agreed, but she tends to impress with 3 or 4 articles and then comes up with something asinine. Wikipedia note her quote that an Condoleezza Rice, was “the coolest, cleverest, most powerful black woman since Cleopatra”, which annoys everyone on both sides of the spectrum.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:59 pm 

Off topic, but a bit of schadenfreude from the colonies:

"Vandals attack wind farm"

Vandals have shut down the Tararua wind farm, bringing more than 30 turbines to a halt and costing TrustPower at least $200,000.

Thieves broke into the site's transformer yard before 1am yesterday, cutting up copper earthing wire in an attempt to steal it, and drained oil from two transformers into catchment reservoirs underneath.

The turbines were still not spinning this morning and at a cost to the company of up to $7000 for each hour of lost operation, the bill could blow out even further.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/na ... -wind-farm

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:09 pm 
Didnt burchill write for the daily fail?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

scrasea wrote:
Off topic, but a bit of schadenfreude from the colonies:

"Vandals attack wind farm"

Vandals have shut down the Tararua wind farm, bringing more than 30 turbines to a halt and costing TrustPower at least $200,000.

Thieves broke into the site's transformer yard before 1am yesterday, cutting up copper earthing wire in an attempt to steal it, and drained oil from two transformers into catchment reservoirs underneath.

The turbines were still not spinning this morning and at a cost to the company of up to $7000 for each hour of lost operation, the bill could blow out even further.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/na ... -wind-farm

My heart bleeds ... I'm truly mortified ... heart-broken ... distraught ... distressed ... sobbing ....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:44 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:

My heart bleeds ... I'm truly mortified ... heart-broken ... distraught ... distressed ... sobbing ....

There's copper in them thar hills...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:39 am 

Quote:
The turbines were still not spinning this morning and at a cost to the company of up to $7000 for each hour of lost operation

I'm sure the company isn't over-concerned...one way or another the taxpayer(consumer) will pick up the tab...sorry, be forced to pick up the tab.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:14 am 
The European Union was born from the flight of Europe's elites from what terrifies them — Europeans. The first Thirty Years' War ended in 1648 with the Peace of Westphalia, which ratified the system of nation-states. The second Thirty Years' War, which ended in 1945, convinced European elites that the continent's nearly fatal disease was nationalism, the cure for which must be the steady attenuation of nationalities. Hence the high value placed on "pooling" sovereignty, never mind the cost in diminished self-government. -- George Will

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]