Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:54 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Another milestone?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

In the life of any political party, a change of leader is always a milestone – even if some are bigger than others. And we have just seen "one of they", with the resignation of The Lord Pearson as leader of UKIP because, in his own words, he is "not much good at party politics".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Another milestone?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:47 pm 

Oh dear Richard, what has UKIP in general and Nigel in particular done to upset you?

You suggest that Pearson was honest but inept, I would agree that he has been a bit weak, but certainly when he made the offer to the LibLabCON regarding not contesting seats, he was being pragmatic. You also suggest that Nigel is in some way dishonest... I don't think so!

The problem that UKIP have is something that they can't seem to do anything about, at least not before it is too late anyway, which is that voters just do not realise how pervasive the EU has become, so much so that despite the title of your blog, you hardly bother with the subject these days.

I think Nigel was a very good leader of the UKIP, membership has doubled and votes have doubled since he and Pearson took over from Knapman.

However I believe that they make too much noise about the EU, it must have sunk in now that people just don't get it and that even worse the MSM goes out of its way to badmouth anyone that understands that the EU is anti-democratic and essentially fascist (and left wing).

I don't know who the next leader will be, but what I would like to see, and Nigel and Pearson made good headway in this area, is much more being made of the UKIP's most important aspect, which is its conservative/libertarian stance on almost every policy area. In particular, I would like to see much more being made of their longstanding policy of introducing binding direct democracy at all levels of government. Apart from the obvious advantage that we the people (who are generally speaking, conservative) can force votes against the usual reality distortion field policies that ALL government in the last sixty years have wallowed in; direct democracy has the added advantage that it turns politicians into functionaries rather than (pontificating popish) superstars. How refreshing it would be to turn on the radio news and not hear anything about the idiots/morons/cretins that get involved in government.

Lastly (in this post), though I greatly admire right-wing writers and thinkers (not many politicians there), people such as yourself, Booker, the various campaign groups like the Freedom Association etc., do not stand in elections at all, so how can we show our support or change anything?

The UKIP is the only right-wing political party in this country that has ANY chance of being elected, because they stand.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:38 pm 
And just exactly what is wrong with Lord Monckton of Brenchley?
You are correct that he will not be welcomed with open arms by all though.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:42 pm 
Strange that UKIP doesnt stand candidates throughout the UK!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

Stephen Jenner wrote:
Oh dear Richard, what has UKIP in general and Nigel in particular done to upset you?

Oh dear, Stephen. Where have you been these last ten years?

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:10 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
Stephen Jenner wrote:

Oh dear, Stephen. Where have you been these last ten years?

I've been supporting UKIP for the last 15 years, but please Richard, do enlighten me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:11 pm 

dan wrote:

Actually not even the richest parties (LabCON) do that, but they (UKIP) covered most areas.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:39 pm 
Stephen Jenner @ Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:47 pm -

"I think Nigel was a very good leader of the UKIP, membership has doubled and votes have doubled since he and Pearson took over from Knapman".

No Sir, you are wrong. Nigel was always, is always, a very bad leader. And he did not 'take over' from Knapman.

Since the day he walked through the door Nigel has lead UKIP, Knapman was like all the other 'leaders', strings went up from his body and mind that were pulled by Nigel.

It's not like the Mafia, if you disagree with Nigel you don't die but you do leave the party.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:15 pm 

In2minds wrote:
Stephen Jenner @ Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:47 pm -

"I think Nigel was a very good leader of the UKIP, membership has doubled and votes have doubled since he and Pearson took over from Knapman".

No Sir, you are wrong. Nigel was always, is always, a very bad leader. And he did not 'take over' from Knapman.

Since the day he walked through the door Nigel has lead UKIP, Knapman was like all the other 'leaders', strings went up from his body and mind that were pulled by Nigel.

It's not like the Mafia, if you disagree with Nigel you don't die but you do leave the party.

I have met Nigel a couple of times, but I cannot say that I know him, however my parents (now just my father sadly) know/knew him very well, along with ALL of the previous leaders of UKIP from Alan Sked onwards. He is not the kind of person to be interested in puppetry, what on earth would be the point? What I am saying is that you sir are completely incorrect, whilst I agree that he might not be the best possible leader (because his personality grates with some), he is the best one that UKIP have had and I was disappointed when he resigned, he had to be dragged into a leadership contest, and I would suggest that this is not the action of a natural leader.

Perhaps there is tinge of "A woman scorned" about "In2minds"!

Another founding member of the UKIP is Gerard Batten MEP, and as far as I know, he and Nigel rarely agree on anything, but he is head honcho in UKIP London. Any who leave (apart from 1 notable exception) leave of their own accord.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:01 pm 
UKIP may not have been set up by the Establishment to take votes away from the real opposition, the BNP (the Party that means it), but it certainly is used by the Establishment to divert votes wherever possible. However, UKIP loses almost every time against the BNP which could indicate that voters are seeing UKIP for the diversion that it is. One other good point about UKIP is that it sucks up the useless leakage from the Conservative Party.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:08 pm 
"UKIP loses almost every time against the BNP"

Are you quite sure about this? No one else is.

"One other good point about UKIP is that it sucks up the useless leakage from the Conservative Party."

http://www1.politicalbetting.com/index. ... ukip-myth/

Keep going, you'll say something true soon, I feel sure of it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:35 pm 
Stephen Jenner wrote:
dan wrote:

Actually not even the richest parties (LabCON) do that, but they (UKIP) covered most areas.

If UKIP arent prepared to stand in Northern Ireland, they shouldnt use UK in their name.
i'm not interested in the other parties. They are worthless shits. I'd like though to have a chance to vote UKIP.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:43 pm 

dan wrote:
Stephen Jenner wrote:
dan wrote:

If UKIP arent prepared to stand in Northern Ireland, they shouldnt use UK in their name.
i'm not interested in the other parties. They are worthless shits. I'd like though to have a chance to vote UKIP.

I didn't think any "mainland" party stood in Northern Ireland.

I thought the Northen Ireland parties comprised essentially various unionists of differing hues, social democrats and Sinn Fein.

I stand to be corrected on this but I believe UKIP was aligned to one of the smaller unionist parties a few years ago for the reason given above.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:46 pm 
I voted UKIP.
I don't know, or care about, internal party machinations or jealousies.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:57 pm 
For all pedants out there (including those who diss UKIP due to some personality clash, Richard), yes, the comma should have been after the word "care".

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next