Change font size
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:01 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Not in the least surprised
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

David Cameron is happier sharing power with the Liberal Democrats than he would be with an all-Conservative government, according to "one of his inner circle". If this is true, and it could very well be, it sort of confirms a lot of what we have been saying – the man is not a Conservative, never has been and never will be. It is hardly surprising, therefore, that he would be more at home with his own kind in the Lib-Dims than with a Tory majority.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Not in the least surprised
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:13 pm 

Could not agree more with your take on him, unfortunately he is going to destroy what we have left of a Country and it is not going to be pleasant. The "ConHome" site which once appeared to be fairly open and critical is now full of itself and Camoron (not a typo) but one has to laugh , or cry, at the support they get with the naysayers being berated by the chosen. I think he is just a spoiled brat promoted above his ability. I certainly agree that he fits in well with the Lib-Dums, change the message as you move from one group to another, and lie anyway to all. Our L/D MP is just the same.

Will the damage done dawn on people only when they get arrested by foreign police on our shores, I wonder?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:26 pm 
Site Admin

Derek W Buxton wrote:
Could not agree more with your take on him, unfortunately he is going to destroy what we have left of a Country and it is not going to be pleasant. The "ConHome" site which once appeared to be fairly open and critical is now full of itself and Camoron (not a typo) but one has to laugh , or cry, at the support they get with the naysayers being berated by the chosen. I think he is just a spoiled brat promoted above his ability. I certainly agree that he fits in well with the Lib-Dums, change the message as you move from one group to another, and lie anyway to all. Our L/D MP is just the same.

Will the damage done dawn on people only when they get arrested by foreign police on our shores, I wonder?

It is quite interesting that, once, ConHome was "the place to be" on the blogosphere. Now it is a sad, self-referential, nasty little site. I haven't looked at it for a while and, when I do, no longer bother with the comments.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:33 pm 
I've written on here before almost to the word as Richard has written. The members of the Conservative Party did this: they voted for this twerp when the serious option of David Davis was available. Being somewhat dense and open to malign influence (especially the BBC and The Guardian openly campaigning for Cameron), they rejected a real Conservative and took Blair II.
My reaction was to conclude that there would be no possibility of any real opposition to the twin projects of EU assimilation and terminal immigration so I joined the BNP. For some reason, I feel happy to be rid of any association with the 'mainstream' parties. They don't represent me and they don't even represent the interests of their voters. They do represent the interests of the banking cartel and the EU which have joint ownership of the Establishment's parties

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:01 pm 
What I can't figure out is why has every Prime Minister, since the war signed up for this European Super State. Ok maybe in the 60ies they were a little naive, but If they had done their homework they would have found the ideology behind European 'integration'. Now in my twilight years I see Dave Cameron, a Lib. Dem. if ever there was one, just as keen to sign away Britain's sovereignty as easily as everyone else. Watching my parents generation fight for freedom from enslavement by another country, and now to see it given away makes me weep. I have lived through not only the demise of the British Empire, but the demise of Britain herself.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:10 pm 
Site Admin

denismoon wrote:
What I can't figure out is why has every Prime Minister, since the war signed up for this European Super State. Ok maybe in the 60ies they were a little naive, but If they had done their homework they would have found the ideology behind European 'integration'. Now in my twilight years I see Dave Cameron, a Lib. Dem. if ever there was one, just as keen to sign away Britain's sovereignty as easily as everyone else. Watching my parents generation fight for freedom from enslavement by another country, and now to see it given away makes me weep. I have lived through not only the demise of the British Empire, but the demise of Britain herself.

The EU is their construct. It is our sovereignty. They give away what is ours, to get power for themselves, by-passing the democratic process. Of course they are in favour of it. And that is why we or our successors are going to have to kill them to get back what is ours.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:13 pm 
"Watching my parents generation fight for freedom from enslavement by another country, and now to see it given away makes me weep."

Well denis, what are you going to do? You have no options within the 'mainstream', taking the dismally abject surrender of William Hague as an example.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:28 pm 

Derek W Buxton wrote:

ConHome started going downhill when Isaby inflitrated the site. He's a nice enough guy, but he's gone from damp to sopping wet as he's become part of the furniture. I feel sorry for Montgomerie who is a genuine conservative surrounded by Cameron lickspittles on the Platform section.

The comment threads have degraded as the Sally Roberts Guardianista power-not-principle style dimwits flood in to attack anyone who refuses to sing paeans in honour of the social democrat moron in Number 10. Most of the genuine conservatives have abandoned the ConHome site as the party has abandoned conservative politics in pursuit of power and achieving personal ambitions. I've tried to hang in and still comment from a centre-right perspective, but when it comes to real issues too few contributors have the depth to understand what is really happening.

It says it all that any criticism of the EU is met with yawns by these destructive wets. My only surprise is that Montgomerie sticks around to preside over this slow burn of the bonfire of conservatism as the Cameroons slide ever further leftwards.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:42 pm 

I recently wrote a letter to my local Welsh Assembly MP (con) saying I thought the Labour party are the "heart on your sleeve party", The Libdems The stupid party and the Conservatives The Dishonest Party. I think they know they are a con, so I do not think they are stupid, simply dishonest

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:00 pm 
Autonomous Mind correctly diagnoses the terminal illness of ConHome, which has been led by the nose-holding likes of Sally Roberts into the clutching arms of Cameuron. How sad it was to see the power-at-any-costers rally round over the EU referendum betrayal, but perhaps sadder still (at least to my younger, more naive self) was Hague's love affair with the Boy! Poor Ffion (or however you spell her name) - can there be room for three in that marriage?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:02 pm 

I wrote to Redwood today pleading with him, a man of his stature, to help organise a mass demonstration in London. A million people voted UKIP in the last election, we should be able to get a few million at least. If the stupid pro-hunt protestors could manage what they did, why cannot we? Anyway, his reply made me laugh and cry at the same time:

Quote:
Like you I wish to arrest and reverse the march to ever closer union. To do so we need a majority of Eurosceptics in the Commons. Once again the electorate did not give us this. In some seats people voting UKIP helped deliver the seat to a federalist.
The powers that be well know that at least a million feel as you do. They also know that the Eurosceptic majority has failed to win a General Election for at least 18 years.

I am not having the last laugh but can have a brief smile in that he doesn't even have a Conservative leading his party. But this is not about parties, it is about our nation, which we are losing.

On another point, I believe you said Cameron was working on the destruction of the Conservative party, I guess this is more proof. He is basically admitting he is a Lib Dem, so how the hell can the Conservatives even tolerate him in their party anymore? Gerald Warner also cottoned onto him wanting to kill the Conservative party.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:13 pm 

Like Richard I am not surprised by this revelation, but though I would love to see a government that re-negotiated our relationship with the EU and strengthened our borders against mass immigration, I still believe Cameron is a great improvement on Brown. At least he is trying to tackle the bloated welfare state and the vast public sector. One big test coming up is whether Cameron will agree to direct taxation by the EU. This may lead to splits in the coalition. We will have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:39 pm 

Quote:
by denismoon » Sat Aug 14, 2010 3:01 pm

Denis, we must be identical twins!!!!!................. PDT_Armataz_02_11

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:26 pm 

Stuart,

I have tried commenting on the Redwood site and get the same idiotic reply, there are not enough EUrosceptics in parliament. Of course there aren't, Cameron hand picked the candidates and you have to doubt Redwood's EUroscepticism with answers like that. With the correct manifesto Cameron should have had a massive victory but one has to wonder, if in light of todays revelation, he courted the Lib-dims before the GE and decided to give them a leg up. Stranger things have happened and it would explain the current stupidity. Put simply he sacrificed his party's interests in the other party interest, explains why he adopted so many L/D ideas, like loony Huhne for example.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:38 pm 
Cameron is not even tackling the problem of the bloated state.

http://www.johnredwoodsdiary.com/?p=6798

Public spending will increase under Cameron.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next