Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:21 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Not at all surprised
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:00 pm 
Site Admin

Bruno Waterfield is reporting in The Daily Telegraph that Call me Dave "will break his promise not to transfer powers to Brussels by yielding to plans for an EU "economic government" and City regulation." This is a prediction from an unnamed "senior Belgian official" - and that is all.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Not at all surprised
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:19 pm 
"And please note that, in respect for my readers' finer feelings, I have resisted the temptation to post a picture of him."

You are nothing if not compassionate. It is too soon after lunch to inflict pictorial nasties on us in readerland.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:17 pm 
I understand Spelman of nannygate,DEFRA Head and former GM lobbyist is now in favour of CAP--it just needs to be sold to the little people.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:50 pm 
It seems that some at least are thinking more isolationist than others.

"Moreover, over 36 million pounds of traffic fines were owed. Apparently, the biggest offenders to not pay for the London traffic congestion charge, which is a tax levied on vehicles entering the city at peak times, are the United States embassy, which owes close to 3.8 million pounds, followed by Russia at 3.2 million and Japan at 2.77 million.

British authorities say the fee is something that everyone must pay, but embassies say it is a tax and that diplomats are exempt. The release of these figures comes at a time when the British government is strapped for cash and is looking for ways to close the gaps in their budget."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:25 pm 

OK I didn't read past this one but this is my favourite paragraph:

Quote:
The senior source observed that no EU agreements would ever be possible if all European leaders stuck to the "totality" of their election manifestoes.

Ah, f*ck the people!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:56 pm 
Site Admin

Stuart wrote:
OK I didn't read past this one but this is my favourite paragraph:

Quote:
The senior source observed that no EU agreements would ever be possible if all European leaders stuck to the "totality" of their election manifestoes.

Ah, f*ck the people!

And I don't think we even get a choice of position.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:32 pm 
Quote:

Classic!

And talking of rubblish I see William Hague outlined the new Tory 'foreign policy' last week to the telegraph.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... links.html
"They represent a break with the Blair era – when the US alliance was at the heart of every foreign mission. Mr Hague said: “We want to elevate the British relationship with emerging powers, including Brazil, the Gulf states and other countries in Latin America and South Asia.”

"His plans will appeal to Tory Eurosceptics" Sorry but I'm not convinced here!

At least one member of the British establishment still knows how to perform her duties.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/News/1189689.html

"LOUD CRIES of "hip, hip hooray" rose above Halifax’s storied harbour Tuesday as the Queen sailed on a Canadian frigate past a flotilla of international ships during a ceremony that harkened back to the days of wartime convoys.

Hundreds of sailors cheered, saluted and swirled their white caps as Queen Elizabeth II stood on the deck of HMCS St. John’s and waved to crew aboard more than two dozen ships anchored in the harbour for an international fleet review."

I wonder if it will make the BBC news?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:50 pm 
Site Admin

Guest wrote:
"His plans will appeal to Tory Eurosceptics" ...

The reference is probably correct. But then "Tory Eurosceptics" have no relationship to, or anything in common with, real Eurosceptics or opposition to the EU. There is actually no material difference between a "Tory Europhile" and a "Tory Eurosceptic". Their beliefs are identical ... merely the rhetoric is slightly different.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:05 pm 

Quote:
as the Queen sailed on a Canadian frigate

If you'd told her on her Coronation that it would come to this....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:30 pm 

As soon as the word robust is used lights start flashing; We need to hide some weakness, please don't look too hard.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:20 am 
Site Admin

Julian Williams wrote:
As soon as the word robust is used lights start flashing; We need to hide some weakness, please don't look too hard.

... especially if you break down the word into its component parts - row ... bust. Sound like an instruction to Queenie, followed by an explanation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:49 am 

It's been said before. The nature of the EU is that you are either a part of it, in which case you are committed to ever closer integration, or you are not. "In Europe but not ruled by Europe" is a fantasy 'have your cake and eat it' position which is not on offer.

Furthermore, the EU is obviously an organisation which bends and breaks its own rules as conducive to its ends. E.g. claiming the Greek mess is a natural disaster, which it most obviously is not.

The Tories have made it plain that they rule out leaving the EU, not least in their last Euro election manifesto. Given their commitment to not leaving the EU, posturing about the national interest, repatriation of powers and so on, is just that, window dressing. I suggest Bruno Waterfield's report should be taken at face value.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:01 pm 

But only today I read of little Willie Hague wanting more British people working in the EU, HQ branch, to make it amenable to our wants. Please correct me if I am wrong, but he cannot reform the EU, it works as designed and he has no say in it. It is specifically against the idea of the Nation state and aims for a single state of the EU. So, does Hague know of what he speaks or is he telling lies? I'm inclined to the latter!
I was brought up in the same area but my parents did not own a soft drinks factory, I used to think he was pretty good until he blew it. And now of course he has gone native.

Profile E-mail  

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]