Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:56 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: A Euromyth bites the dust
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:42 pm 
Site Admin

And why do you think I couldn't be bothered to report claims that selling eggs by numbers was to be banned by the EU? It smelt wrong, right from the start, and it now turns out that it was all "speculation".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A Euromyth bites the dust
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:26 am 
It might e a myth, but my local Waitrose does already sell packs of 10 eggs.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:00 am 
Site Admin

Jayson wrote:
It might be a myth, but my local Waitrose does already sell packs of 10 eggs.

That's 'cos it's Arty Farty Waitrose, where all the toffs shop. We go to Morrinsons up 'ere.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:25 am 

O/Ded on black pudding again did we? Or is Archerism catching?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:40 am 
Site Admin

SandyRham wrote:
O/Ded on black pudding again did we? Or is Archerism catching?

You're not telling us that you listen to the Archers, are you Sandy?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:41 am 
If, as I understand it correctly, the journalists had read Annex VIII section 4 http://ec.europa.eu/food/food/labelling ... ouncil.pdf (page 67) "Where a prepacked item consists of two or more individual packages which are not
regarded as units of sale, the net quantity shall be given by indicating the total net
quantity and the total number of individual packages." they would have realised that there was no story. But, as Phillipa Page would put it, no news is redundancies.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:07 am 
Site Admin

GallimaufryandChips wrote:
If, as I understand it correctly, the journalists had read Annex VIII section 4 http://ec.europa.eu/food/food/labelling ... ouncil.pdf (page 67) "Where a prepacked item consists of two or more individual packages which are not
regarded as units of sale, the net quantity shall be given by indicating the total net
quantity and the total number of individual packages." they would have realised that there was no story. But, as Phillipa Page would put it, no news is redundancies.

Nice one ... I've amended the post!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:35 am 

The problem, of course, in all these 'offal tube' stories, is not whether they have made this or that regulation, but the fact that they can if they like, and they do interfere in stuff that ought to be none of their business, and where their all-pervading tyranny achieves no useful purpose, unless their true aim is to piss me off.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:38 am 
RAENORTH wrote:

Nice one ... I've amended the post!

Richard, many thanks for the hattip and link. As my other tame journo, M.T. Colum, often said "Trebles all round." By the way, if North Jr interested in a secondhand Shorts Tucano, Everett Aero's American branch had a handful a couple of years ago. Probably surplus ie could be sold easily for ready cash, but they would have been handy in Afghanistan fitted with that camera system the Nimrod had.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:44 am 
Amusingly, the Mail have a story today about selling off the Post Office, but not once do they mention the EU element of it. So the lead with an EU story that is bollocks but completely ignore the EU when it closes our Post Offices.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:47 am 
Site Admin

TheBoilingFrog wrote:
Amusingly, the Mail have a story today about selling off the Post Office, but not once do they mention the EU element of it. So the lead with an EU story that is bollocks but completely ignore the EU when it closes our Post Offices.

Yea ... that's a very good point - when it's a load of garbage, they cannot get enough of it ... but when it's serious ... nada!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:25 pm 
I always knew Cameron would sell-out: that is why I refused to vote for the creep.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... cials.html

Cameron is a europhile to his fingertips. End of conversation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:00 pm 

Quote:
Cameron is a europhile to his fingertips*. End of conversation.

Bank account??

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:48 pm 

PDT_Armataz_01_22 PDT_Armataz_01_22 PDT_Armataz_01_22 ...I'm waiting for a Directive that a Broadband connection must be expressed only in decimals.
Anything emanating from the EU is, surely designedly, couched in terms so oblique & uninterpretable that only a select few question it...& your average journo can't even spell, let alone understand Brusselsese.
Here, in Portugal, the only thing of interest coming from the EU is dosh & how to direct it into your personal bank account...Beemers & Mercs abound in this still poor country, in the queue probably for a Greek-style bail-out.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:49 pm 
I seem to have entered a world where Monty Python collides with Orwell's 1984. Where's that bottle?

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next