Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:28 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: A heart of stone
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:45 pm 
Site Admin

"It was hailed as Britain's first 'green' island and a glimpse of what the future could hold for the rest of the country." And it looks as if it is giving us precisely that - an all-too-accurate glimpse.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A heart of stone
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:28 pm 

The Telegraph is a good place for us non-believers today. Louise Gray, at her fatuous worst, profiles the cretin now heading the ""Climate Change Ministry"", one Greg Barker. In admiring tones she speaks of his ability to confront controversy last displayed when he deserted his wife and 3 children for a (male) interior designer. Makes you realise how absurdly liberal Dave's 'Conservative' party now is, what a rag the Telegraph has become and what a daft bitch Louise Gray is.
As for Greg - he states: "I am not a scientist, but I do know that science is about probabilities." No it's not, you buffoon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:55 pm 

I wasn't half way through this piece when I thought that the dickheads would decide that they needed solar panels. A no brainer really, literally, and so it proved. I wouldn't mind quite so much if we weren't paying for this insanity.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:49 pm 
JD on his Telegraph blog mentions this to-day and comes in for some unbelievable vitriol. However two more points emerge from Louise's article, first it was this same Greg Barker who persuaded 'Call me Dave' to do his 'Dog-sled' thing. This was disastrous at the time, as Brown was briefly seen as being 'statesmanlike' when he stayed at home and agonised over the floods in Tewkesbury, while Dave appeared to be 'on a jolly'. Allegedly a photo was taken of the dogs kicking their faeces all over their new 'driver', (worth a fortune I should think).
Secondly we learn that 'Mr Barker is committed to cutting carbon emissions but, unlike his predecessors in office, he doesn't dismiss climate-change sceptics as "flat-earthers"- there are too many of them on the back benches for him to do that'. Time for a re-shuffle, methinks !

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:05 pm 

We live in stupid times.
I am now convinced that the only answer to our myriad sufferings is a sanguinary catharsis.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:19 pm 

permanentexpat wrote:
We live in stupid times.
I am now convinced that the only answer to our myriad sufferings is a sanguinary catharsis.

As hors d'œuvre I insist on a little hanging first - from lamp posts, naturally. Then you can get on with your bloodletting.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:33 pm 
Other signs of the (stupid) times...

. Including three injured players in a World Cup squad of 23 and playing another who was still unwell

. lobbing out £194 billion annually in welfare payments and wondering why, with eight million not in work, the country's got a problem

. not giving the boss of FIFA a permanent Seblatical for dismissing goal-line technology and video replays

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:45 pm 

For your amusement or denture-gnashing...whatever turns you on...a few excerpts from an e-mail from my cousin, (he who voted for the 'least worst' party) & who, for his sins, still lives among you:

Quote:
Those whom the Gods wish to destroy they first make Green. Funnily enough, my wife and I went to the wedding of Greg Barker He married the daughter of a great friend of ours. He was not a MP then and he was engaged in rather mysterious financial dealings in Russia, cornering the market in certain energy sources before the natives had quite cottoned on to the glories of their new capitalism. He married a lovely girl and everything seemed to be going fine, with a brood of children, until he ran off with his male interior decorator. By then he was a Conservative MP and, of course, he was returned again in the recent election.

The current target of my fury is the House of Lords. Their Lordships are now to be paid £300 per day just to turn up, so most of them witll turn up, perhaps for an agreeable lunch, and then push off again. No doubt if you live a long way away in the country we taxpayers will pay your travel expenses for carrying out this laborious function. Furthermore, does any other country in the western world choose its upper chamber by appointing its members ? Can you imagine Congress or the President appointing the members of the American Senate ? And why should the children of these appointees be entitled to be addressed as " The Honourable "? And why should failed ministers and MP's and Speakers of the House of Commons be elevated to our Upper House, become known as Lord Muck and be able to enjoy the finest club in London, taxpayer financed ?

I think, in fact, those whom the Gods wish to make mad, they first make into angry old men.

Constitutionally yours,

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:03 pm 
The Isle of Eigg Trust <- Alastair McIntosh -> Strathclyde University's CHE [geddit?] programme (plus Andy Rowell) -> Spinwatch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:31 pm 

Just a simple observation Doc, but you have only two EU related blogs on your list of blogs at the moment (front page). Your last piece on the EU was last Friday.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:33 pm 

More Louise Gray here
http://www.anenglishmanscastle.com/archives/008807.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:48 pm 
What would have made the story complete is if they'd been foolish enough to get rid of the diesel generators. :-D

DaveE.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:57 pm 
Then they would have to wait for a shipment of those Chinese made Wolf petrol generators featured in an earlier post....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

Stuart wrote:
Just a simple observation Doc, but you have only two EU related blogs on your list of blogs at the moment (front page). Your last piece on the EU was last Friday.

I have this new theory ... got it off a two-year-old of my acquaintance. If I pretend it isn't there, maybe it will go away.

PDT_Armataz_01_02

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:21 pm 

Two years ago I was at Lunga, near Oban, on the west coast of Scotland to scatter my mothers ashes on Loch Melfort.. This is not very far from Skye and Eigg as the crow flies, perhaps 40 odd miles. I was at Lunga for 3 days.
There were a couple of islands that were visible across the water and they had 3 huge wind turbines standing there, and, during my entire stay they never moved an inch.
The weather was beautiful, calm and sunny. Completely useless for powering a wind turbine. says it all really..
:lol:

Profile E-mail  

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next