Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:46 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Economic sabotage - II
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:46 pm 
Site Admin

"No Sheffield Forgemasters loan, no new nuclear by 2017," says Chris Goodall in The Guardian. Cancelling a government loan to Sheffield Forgemasters could derail UK plans for new nuclear reactors.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Economic sabotage - II
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:59 pm 
unfortunatly it will take 3-5 years for the voters to have their say. But cameron and osbourne are so clever, the lib dems being set up for the fall, which from their own supporters will be devastating.Hard line tory policies dressed in orange. I know you have a low opinion of the boy richard, but stupid he aint!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:06 pm 
Site Admin

bennyboy wrote:
unfortunatly it will take 3-5 years for the voters to have their say. But cameron and osbourne are so clever, the lib dems being set up for the fall, which from their own supporters will be devastating.Hard line tory policies dressed in orange. I know you have a low opinion of the boy richard, but stupid he aint!

He's pissed me off ... that's stupid.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:11 pm 

It is said there is a bottleneck of capacity for the pressure vessels. There are a number of other forges in the process of building that capacity. The coalition has stated no nuclear subsidies. Is this a liability issue?

The project is around £170 million. The European Investment Bank is providing some, as is Westinghouse. If the economic returns are so concrete what is the private sector waiting for?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:25 pm 
Private Enterprise might well put up the investment. In another country.

Why would anyone invest money in nuclear in this country when fanatically anti-nuclear Buff Huhne has his hand firmly on the tiller? And the pantomime horse Cameron + Clegg are almost as daft as Huhne is?

Life's too short. They can easily fill their orderbooks elsewhere.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:14 pm 
Given that iDave has just met with the Chinese PM, and agreed further trade links, you'll be seeing even more small generators like that. Whether there will be any petrol to run them is another matter.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:28 pm 
Site Admin

dave ward wrote:
Given that iDave has just met with the Chinese PM, and agreed further trade links, you'll be seeing even more small generators like that. Whether there will be any petrol to run them is another matter.

Good point ... I suppose we need wood-burning generators. Then we can chop up the furniture to keep the lights on.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:31 pm 

And the evidence for the "boy" not being stupid is.........? We need business to expand, we need nuclear power, we need the work and the money it can bring in, so he stuffs it to suit loony Huhne. Or is he obeying instructions from our real government, you know, that one based in Brussels. PDT_Armataz_01_19

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:03 pm 
Derek W Buxton wrote:
And the evidence for the "boy" not being stupid is.........? We need business to expand, we need nuclear power, we need the work and the money it can bring in, so he stuffs it to suit loony Huhne. Or is he obeying instructions from our real government, you know, that one based in Brussels. PDT_Armataz_01_19

I mean politicaly clever. Huhne will take the fall when dave boy " takes the tough decisions"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:38 pm 

It doesn't seem possible that intelligent people actually voted for these throwbacks...of course, they didn't have a viable choice so...vote, as did my intelligent cousin, for the 'least worst'. Did we not deride Communism for similar faults?
FPTP now ranks as Neandertal...PR reflects the wishes of the electorate, even if it's as stupid as ours. History shows that when a people has no freely given choice as to how it's governed, it eventually takes that choice by force PDT_Armataz_01_36
Unfortunately, in the UK, 'eventually' has the same connotations as 'mañana' in Spanish PDT_Armataz_01_31

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:52 pm 

What more needs to be said about Buff Huhne, than he dumped his fairly attractive wife for something that looks like Dobbin on a bad day, but with more teeth......and it wears doc martens!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:20 pm 

FU (Fed Up) wrote:
What more needs to be said about Buff Huhne, than he dumped his fairly attractive wife for something that looks like Dobbin on a bad day, but with more teeth......and it wears doc martens!!!!!!!

Huhne wants to show his equality credentials, that he doesn't discriminate, that he's all inclusive by co-habiting with a lesbian, who knows when it'll be a gay man or transexual's turn with Huhne. Divserity is all so why not try all. PDT_Armataz_01_22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:25 am 
dave ward wrote:

Excellent point about the petrol. It will only be available by syphoning from Police, other internal security vehicles and party officials' cars. I reckon steam power (boilers can be heated with IPCC reports etc) is the answer:
http://www.prestonservices.co.uk/generators.htm

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:38 pm 
Richard,
You just have to have a laugh once in a while and I realise it's at our own expence because we subsidise experiments like this, but sometimes it's almost worth the money.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy ... ought.html.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:39 pm 
Site Admin

N Brereton wrote:
Richard,
You just have to have a laugh once in a while and I realise it's at our own expence because we subsidise experiments like this, but sometimes it's almost worth the money.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/energy ... ought.html.

"It was hailed as Britain’s first “green” island and a glimpse of the what the future could hold for the rest of the country."

You would have to have a heart of super-hard granite not to laugh at that one! I wept with laughter when I read that one!

Profile E-mail  

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next