Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:03 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: To the barricades?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

The EU has taken on extra 18 MEPs for £7 million, Bruno Waterfield tells us achieved by amending "its controversial Lisbon Treaty".This was done by permanent representatives, known as "EU ambassadors" who met behind closed doors yesterday to sign off the amendment. This must now be ratified in all the Union's 27 countries and will require primary legislation in the UK ...

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: To the barricades?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:23 am 
Unless the UK gets one of the eighteen, how is that not a "transfer of power" to the EU?

Answer! Because the Euro MPs don't have any power anyway.

Can't we sent the 1st paras into there? Please?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:48 am 

Quote:
therefore it doesn't meet the criteria for holding a referendum

As we all know, that criteria is defined by our (traitorous) representatives in Westminister, and can even change on a whim for those who make words mean what they want.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:43 am 
Site Admin

Stuart wrote:
Quote:
therefore it doesn't meet the criteria for holding a referendum

As we all know, that criteria is defined by our (traitorous) representatives in Westminister, and can even change on a whim for those who make words mean what they want.

As we all know, Alice in Wonderland rules apply ...

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:40 am 

As I understand it, the UK is getting an extra MEP. I think the new MEPs do not have to be elected; they can be appointed by the government.

Let’s not forget, the Lisbon Treaty is a self amending treaty and even if this was a change to the treaty it would not necessarily require a referendum in any country (including Ireland).

Has there ever been a legal challenge in the UK such as the Crotty case in Ireland that called for a mandatory referendum on the handover of sovereignty to the EU? If not, why not?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:57 am 
Site Admin

AnIrishMan wrote:
As I understand it, the UK is getting an extra MEP. I think the new MEPs do not have to be elected; they can be appointed by the government.

Let’s not forget, the Lisbon Treaty is a self amending treaty and even if this was a change to the treaty it would not necessarily require a referendum in any country (including Ireland).

Has there ever been a legal challenge in the UK such as the Crotty case in Ireland that called for a mandatory referendum on the handover of sovereignty to the EU? If not, why not?

If I cared enough about the extra MEP, I would find out for sure ... as far as I'm aware, they've been elected, they are already on the payroll as shadows and all this does is "activate" them. But then, who gives a damn anyway.

As for the "self-amending treaty" gubbins, up to a point, Lord Copper. There is an awful lot of guff being talked about this, mainly by people who should know better. The scope is limited, and changes still require ratification ...

http://eureferendum.blogspot.com/2007/0 ... power.html

I do wish people would take the time out actually to work out what is going on here, instead of indulging in idle polemnics. The main effect of the passerelle is to by-pass the IGC and put the power in the hands of the European Council which, as readers of this blog will know, is an institution of the EU and bound by its aims and objectives.

Further, although even I jump up and down about soveriegnty, the fact is that the sovereignty still remains with the fuckwits in parliament who would vote down the ECA is they got organised ... not that they will.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:14 pm 

Quote:
the fact is that the sovereignty still remains with the fuckwits in parliament who would vote down the ECA if they got organised

Voting down the ECA would breach our treaty obligations with 26 other former nations. That is before we gave up the right as a soverneign nation to abrogate the Lisbon Treaty unilaterally. If we no longer have that power, we are not a sovereign nation. It would then come down to the politcal will of guns.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:53 pm 

We stopped being a Sovereign Nation when the representatives of the Sovereign in her persona as the Fount of All Justice allowed themselves to be overruled by Foreign Powers. I think it was the Maastricht Treaty that granted Judicial Supremacy to the ECJ and ECHR and our perfidious Judiciary stifled attempts to show how flagrantly un-Constitutional it was.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]