Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:22 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 20   [ 298 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Moonbat / Corporate cowardice
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:43 pm 
Site Admin

On 31 January, The Sunday Times published an article headed "UN climate panel shamed by bogus rainforest claim", the essence of which was reproduced in this post. This launched "Amazongate" in The Sunday Times, the substantive article was being based largely on work published in this blog, in two posts here and here, which must be read together. The details were also published in the Booker column and had previously been published elsewhere, including Watts up with that.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Corporate cowardice
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:25 am 

Hmm, is it worth bombarding the Sunday Times with letters pointing to your various posts?
Point out to Dellers the Brazil Flooding post, he'll love that?
Or maybe fling the flooding post at Anthony W. it's meteorological and up his street.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:10 am 
Thank you very much for this Richard.

When I see how the egregious WWF and the rest of them perform, it makes my blood boil.

I just hope I live long enough to see the whole crooked gang held to account.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:28 am 

I saw that apology and wondered why it was so comprehensive, tks for the explanation.

Unfortunately for the warmists all the countries they live in are flat broke, ( is there a connection?...ed), so no matter how loud they scream, or how devilshly they plot, reality will force all of those countries to drop the dream, it simply can't be afforded.

Obummer is going to be politicaly neutered come November and large numbers of sceptics elected.....we in the EU may not have to wait much longer either, as come the Autumn the Zero is going to be really falling apart and once that crashes and burns, the EU will be a very different place and certainly unable to afford such idiotic luxuries as AGW.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:32 am 
Site Admin

FU (Fed Up) wrote:
I saw that apology and wondered why it was so comprehensive, tks for the explanation.

Unfortunately for the warmists all the countries they live in are flat broke, ( is there a connection?...ed), so no matter how loud they scream, or how devilshly they plot, reality will force all of those countries to drop the dream, it simply can't be afforded.

Obummer is going to be politicaly neutered come November and large numbers of sceptics elected.....we in the EU may not have to wait much longer either, as come the Autumn the Zero is going to be really falling apart and once that crashes and burns, the EU will be a very different place and certainly unable to afford such idiotic luxuries as AGW.

Yea, you could well be right. This is the warmists' last shout, and they probably know it, which is why they are getting so aggressive - and just plain nasty. The likes of WWF have a huge amount of money at stake, with the glittering prize of US cap 'n' trade within their grasp ... and to see it trickle down the drain must be horribly frustrating for them.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:45 pm 
I wonder if a press complaint about an apology would be possible.

I know the PCC & the extent to which they will go to protect the likes of the Guardian for having to apologise for obvious lies/ They published the claim that the number of people removed in the Crioatian Naqzi holocaust was 150,000 rather than over 500,000 & made the excuse that this figure, while untrue had come from unnamed Croatian Nazi politicians so the PCC decided no correction was required. The PCC also decided to break their own code of standards to let off another liar on the grounds that the article had been opinion not news - the PCC code says any opinion article must be labeled as such rather than as news - this one wasn't but they said their code didn't matter.

As such to be denounced by the PCC should be a matter of honour & supported by them one of shame.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:16 am 
BRAYNELESS
>> Wednesday, June 23, 2010
A truly chilling insight into the BBC mindset is provided by former BBC and Reuters correspondent Mark Brayne, who has now become - rather terrifyingly, given his views - a psychotherapist. In his case, the emphasis is definitely on the first part of the word. This nutjob, who takes the Dr David Gregory/BBC mindset I explored yesterday to its witchfinder-general logical conclusions, fervently believes that those who are sceptical about climate change need psychotherapy, and has written a so-called paper to support his mental fascism. Read it and weep; the insane truly do have the keys to the asylum - broadcast journalism is colonised by dangerous people. This is why the BBC pursues its greenie agenda with such fervour. One quote from this pile of garbage is sufficient to show Mr Brayne's approach:

...as therapists and as fellow human beings, we must seek to help our two opening clients – Gaia and her children – to work together to understand the threats that face them, and together empower both ourselves and those who govern us to make the choices and changes that might yet avert the worst.
The agenda shows how much world-wide media, as well as the BBC, are lying to us about climate change and are re-doubling their propaganda efforts, despite rising scepticism. Mr Brayne also advises journalists how to deal with stress after they have been exposed to traumatic situations. God help them; I think I'd prefer a spell in a war zone any time.

http://biased-bbc.blogspot.com/2010/06/brayneless.html

Truly, the insane have the keys to the asylum. The BBC are in a state of war. The question is, as the BBC is controlled by the government, what is in it for the government, apart from control and taxation.

I do feel there is more to this Climate hysteria then simply profit, or taxation.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:45 am 

There is a striking similarity between warmies and, say, flying-saucer enthusiasts. Whenever something is disproven conclusively, the cultists ignore it and begin pointing elserwhere while yelling, "But what about this one?" It never has ended and never will.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:38 pm 
RAENORTH wrote:
On 31 January, The Sunday Times published an article headed "UN climate panel shamed by bogus rainforest claim", the essence of which was reproduced in this post. This launched "Amazongate" in The Sunday Times, the substantive article was being based largely on work published in this blog, in two posts here and here, which must be read together. The details were also published in the Booker column and had previously been published elsewhere, including Watts up with that.

View full article here

Monbiot himself has joined the attack http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/g ... ngate-ipcc, and you can feel the scorn dripping through each paragraph. e.g.

[

Ouch! The gloves are off, with a legal ruling behind him he feels free to abandon any semblance of balance and indulge in his finest ad hominen attacks. He truly is a vile serpent, and beyond the pale, I could not even warm (if you'll pardon the pun) to him if he were on our side. Still as he says nemesis follows hubris; let's hope it comes calling to him soon.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:03 pm 
RAENORTH wrote:

View full article here

Monbiot himself has joined the attack http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/g ... ngate-ipcc, and you can feel the scorn dripping through each paragraph. e.g.

Monbiot wrote:
Richard North is our old friend Christopher Booker's long-term collaborator, and between them they are responsible for more misinformation than any other living journalists. You could write a book about the stories they have concocted, almost all of which fall apart on the briefest examination.

Ouch! The gloves are off, with a legal ruling behind him he feels free to abandon any semblance of balance and indulge in his finest ad hominen attacks. He truly is a vile serpent, and beyond the pale, I could not even warm (if you'll pardon the pun) to him if he were on our side. Still as he says nemesis follows hubris; let's hope it comes calling to him soon.

Sorry, first posting missed the Monbiot quote due to a missing character.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:53 pm 

Quote:
You could write a book about the stories they have concocted, almost all of which fall apart on the briefest examination.

Actionable?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:45 pm 
Site Admin

SandyRham wrote:
Quote:
You could write a book about the stories they have concocted, almost all of which fall apart on the briefest examination.

Actionable?

Possibly ... I'm looking at it!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Moonbat / Corporate cowardice
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:16 am 

RE: A Moonbat too far

How more explicit does it have to be? The WWF correction you link to plainly says "Our report does NOT say that 40% of the Amazon forest is at risk from climate change."

I wonder if George has seen that, or even this letter to The Times also from the WWF, and spotted the title of the underlying paper the WWF initially failed to reference.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:16 am 
RAENORTH wrote:
Possibly ... I'm looking at it!

As long as it involves no financial risk to you, I would love to see you pursue it.

Maybe on a 'personal-injury', no win no fee basis? I've seen the ads ont' telly.

Seems like an easy win, easy fee, for some enterprising lawyer. And some easy pension uplift for yourself. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:28 am 
Japanese Told More Sleep Means Less Global Warming
Marc Sheppard
It appears that global warming madness has reached new heights in the land of the rising, yet somehow non-climate-driving, sun. In an effort to reduce the nation’s carbon dioxide emissions by 25 per cent from 1990 levels within the next decade, the Japanese government has begun urging citizens to go to bed and get up an hour earlier.

An Environment Ministry spokesman told the Telegraph that by not wasting nighttime electric power on such things as “watching TV until very late,” a typical Japanese family can reduce its carbon dioxide footprint by 85kg a year.

So, add waking hours to the growing list of that which enviro-mental-cases would have us enjoy less of to solve the non-problem of manmade global warming.

Last March, a statistician at Oregon State University in Corvallis suggested that Americans should have fewer children, because “children come with a high carbon cost.” So long, son.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... means.html
Last October, the authors of Time to Eat the Dog: The real guide to sustainable living warned that “the eco-pawprint of a pet dog is twice that of a 4.6-litre Land Cruiser driven 10,000 kilometers a year.” Farewell Fido.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 20   [ 298 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next