Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:57 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 7   [ 101 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: LAWS THREAD
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:35 am 
Site Admin

It is rather ironic that millionaire David Laws, chief secretary to the Treasury, and therefore one of those who decides how much to abstract from our pockets, should have his own fingers in the till, having paid his "secret lover" tens of thousands of pounds, in contravention of the rules. As a general observation, it is quite strange how these rich men in government, who are never short of a bob or two and get quite comfortable salaries, thank you very much, still feel the need to rob us blind, not only officially but for their own personal enrichment - no doubt claiming that they have made such great sacrifices that they're worth it.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Well qualified for government
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:09 am 

Arse-banditry is a facet of the animal world & can be tolerated; it's not a matter of principle or conscience. Rich folk petty-thieving from the public purse is unforgivable...period.
But its prevalence & condoning by our corrupt elite is clear for all to see...Britain today.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:54 am 

And he will resign when? For a millionaire to steal from the public purse in this way should lead to a very long prison sentence and certainly a ban on ever working in political life again. But then those of us who come up against Lib-Dum councils know that they are extreme hypocrites, will lie in their teeth and steal from those they are supposed to represent, so nothing new there. If he does not resign, what does this say about the boss, you know that tough guy who will sack anyone who disagrees with him in seconds. For all the tough talk, the expenses scam is still going ahead, welcome to the new corrupt government, same as the old corrupt government. PDT_Armataz_01_19

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:57 am 
The sex thing would be irrelevant if Laws didn't choose to use it as part of his defence. And, aside from the money, the fact that his partner is a lobbyist is also a sign of crap judgement. The Cleggerons should do the decent thing and sack him out right - no dithering.

But they won't, of course. Get ready for all kinds of special pleading...

Post subject: Well qualified for government
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:24 am 

This coalition will be a short one, I can feel it in my bones. And when it's finally over, I suspect that all 3 main parties will have splintered for a multitude of reasons - this sort of situation being one of them. Qn: who will win in the end? Answer: whoever really speaks for Britain, & gets Britain out of the financial mess that is now hovering so menacingly all around us - rather reminiscent of the closing years of the 1930s, eh?

Watchet

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:45 am 
Well qualified for government.

Yes. Buggering everyone in sight, specially the common taxpayer with no access to the public purse.

He says he will pay back all he thinks he owes. I wonder if a common burglar or thief can excuse himself on those grounds, and avoid a jail term. But then we are not talking of common thieves or burglars, who have a sense of decency, morality and ethics one will not find within a mile of Westminster.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:51 am 
Site Admin

Derek W Buxton wrote:
And he will resign when? For a millionaire to steal from the public purse in this way should lead to a very long prison sentence and certainly a ban on ever working in political life again. But then those of us who come up against Lib-Dum councils know that they are extreme hypocrites, will lie in their teeth and steal from those they are supposed to represent, so nothing new there. If he does not resign, what does this say about the boss, you know that tough guy who will sack anyone who disagrees with him in seconds. For all the tough talk, the expenses scam is still going ahead, welcome to the new corrupt government, same as the old corrupt government. PDT_Armataz_01_19

The people they put in prison in this country are those who object to the profligate spending of our masters, and refuse to pay the Council Tax. That is a far more serious crime than stealing the money.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Well qualified for government
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:20 pm 

Unfortunately governmental misbehaviour like this is now widespread. See:
http://www.news.com.au/business/reserve ... 5870357544

Watchet

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 12:44 pm 
We’re too broke to be this stupid
STEYN: Beleaguered taxpayers may finally put a stop to the sheer waste of government spending.

http://www2.macleans.ca/2010/05/27/were ... -stupid/2/

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:34 pm 
They are criminals, every one knows that they are criminals, and yet everyone votes for them. How about that for a slave mentallity. Look at those idiots in Buckingham who voted Bercow back in instead of making a stand when they had a chance against corruption. It's not a good indictment of the fibre of our society, and if you are biblicaly inclined, you would think that we are now evil enough to deserve some divine retribution.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:39 pm 
Stealing is stealing, and is against the law. he must be prosecuted if we are to retain any faith in our justice system and political class.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:54 pm 
Former Labour Home Secretary David Blunkett yesterday threatened to sue the Government for the £30 cost of his ID card after the new Tory-Lib Dem coalition scrapped the scheme that he once championed.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... -22294143/

This is the state of our politicians, even those who were in high office.

I wonder how much Blunkett's state provided pension is? Apart from the normal state provided pension that is. And yet here he is quibbling about £30, and threatening to sue - give the man his £30, we can still afford to.

30, 30? rings a bell. But to his credit, he felt so thoroughly ashamed that he hanged himself.

These days, politicians have no shame. None at all.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:56 pm 
Laws must not be given the opportunity to resign: he should be sacked and soon. As other contributors have stated, this is theft and would involve dismissal and prosecution in areas outside government.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 1:59 pm 
Paul

UKIP did pretty well considering its lack lustre leadership. Another election is in the offing pretty soon, and before then UKIP has to get its act together. I think, hope, pray, that the electorate will have had enough of the unholy trinity by then.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 3:25 pm 

Quote:
The people they put in prison in this country are those who object to the profligate spending of our masters, and refuse to pay the Council Tax. That is a far more serious crime than stealing the money.

These amoral parasites are far worse than Welfare fraudster bottom-feeders ( :lol: pun not intended but I find it apposite in this particular case)....I have been reading a little more about Mr.Laws & didn't like it much.
And the mendacious prats who try to find excuses for utterly unacceptable behaviour...'an error of judgement etc'....WTF...I repeat, WTF are they talking about?....and the leeches, of which there are now so many that they have become boring, are sorry...but only after they've been rumbled. Surprize, surprize...eleventh Commandment.
Mr Laws, if the facts as we seem to know them are true, should not be allowed to resign & suffer the support & condolences of his brave little partner. He should be fired in disgrace & hopefully somebody will file a suit against him. If guilty, he should go to prison where I'm sure he would be more than welcome & from whence he could claim that he had found the God he had, through an error of judgement, previously ignored....enough with the Medes & the Persians already.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 7   [ 101 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next