Change font size
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:02 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: Are we children?
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:15 pm 
Site Admin

I would hate to have to inhabit the intellectual construct that forms the world of Herman Van Rompuy. According to this dire little man, us poor simple "ordinary people" were misled over impact of the euro. Europe's "man in the street", he says, was misled for years over the vast political and economic implications of the creation of "Euroland". "

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Are we children?
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:32 pm 

RAENORTH wrote:
It was a power grab ... and it's coming unstuck. Furthermore, we don't need Herman Van Rompuy to tell us that – or who we should blame.

No, we don't need him to tell us that, but we should remember that Mr van Rompuy is a master of the power grab in his native Belgium:

Quote:
Herman became the Speaker of the Parliament. In this position he had to prevent Parliament, and the Flemish representatives there, from voting a bill to split BHV. He succeeded in this, by using all kinds of tricks. One day he even had the locks of the plenary meeting room changed so that Parliament could not convene to vote on the issue. On another occasion, he did not show up in his office for a whole week to avoid opening a letter demanding him to table the matter. His tactics worked. In December 2008, when the Belgian Prime Minister had to resign in the wake of a financial scandal, Herman became the new leader of the predominantly French-speaking government which does not represent the majority of Belgium’s ethnic majority group. During the past 11 months, he has skillfully managed to postpone any parliamentary vote on the BHV matter, thereby prolonging a situation which the Supreme Court, responding to Herman's own complaint in 2003, has ruled to be unconstitutional.

He may be a tad surprised that the "Masters of the EU" apparently have failed with their coup. Failed for the moment, that is.

Why do we allow ourselves to be ruled by such creatures? PDT_Armataz_01_19

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:01 pm 

The general theme of everything European is 'Rules, what rules?'

Euro-Area Countries Failed Fiscal Goals 57% of Time, Data Show - link

Quote:
May 25 (Bloomberg) -- Euro-area governments breached their own fiscal rules more than half of the time since they began trading the single currency, according to data compiled by Bloomberg News.

With Greece’s debt crisis now exposing the weakness of fiscal oversight in the 16-nation economy, governments missed one or both of the European Union’s two budget requirements 57 percent of the time since they adopted the euro. Those rules limit debt to 60 percent of gross domestic product and budget deficits to 3 percent of GDP, as set out in the 1997 Stability and Growth Pact.

It is a sham currency and a sham union. Why is Britain so keen to defer to it at every opportunity?

How can we put to bed the idea that a common currency and a common political union are completely necessary? It is a project largely driven by a mistaken desire to compete with the US, a mistaken notion that Europe would be at war without it and national politicians across the continent seeing it as a vast reduction in their workload.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:13 pm 

Quote:
That's not exactly how I and many others see it. The euro was always an attempt to impose a political agenda on the peoples of Europe – the elite didn't get it wrong, in any normal sense. It was a power grab ... and it's coming unstuck.

Richard

These are't mutually opposite positions. It might be that the euro was an attempt to impose a political agenda on the peoples of Europe AND the elite got it wrong. It's not unreasonable to suppose the elite thought that the common currency would tend to promote unification. They are the planners that Hayek warned us about and they thought they knew what they were doing.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:49 pm 

I'd say the Colleagues are getting more than a little nervous, as even if most of the aims behind the Zero were deliberately and well hidden, what was not were the fantastic benefits it was supposed to bestow on everyone. Those have not only all failed to materialise, but now even worse the whole scheme is threatening to permanently impoverish everyone, rather than enrich them. The peoples of the EU are now beginning to realise what it must have been like to be a North Sea Cod, after the CFP had been enforced........life was about to get much better, but instead it turned into nightmare.

After all how much longer can they pretend, that what they do actually is of any benefit to anyone, apart from themselves. As without exception everything they touch, turns to ruination and this has been going on for decades now. Every scheme/plan they create invariably ends up causeing the exact opposite outcome to the one intended and now their grandest project of all, the one that was supposed to bring endless economic growth to all and sundry, is instead turning into an economic and fiscal nightmare. Just like every other idiot scheme they have enacted.

As a result it may well be dawning on the Colleagues, that before too long the public will start electing people who will do something about it and as they have no plan B and are all irrevocably tied to the Project, come what may, they have nowhere to go. Especially if all they can offer is the kind of abject rubbish that Van Hemeroid just regurgitated......Killing off nearly all the North Sea Cod is one thing, but wrecking everyones finances surely must be step too far, even for these shameless dolts.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:57 pm 
mikgen wrote:
RAENORTH wrote:
It was a power grab ... and it's coming unstuck. Furthermore, we don't need Herman Van Rompuy to tell us that – or who we should blame.

No, we don't need him to tell us that, but we should remember that Mr van Rompuy is a master of the power grab in his native Belgium: ....

PDT_Armataz_01_19

Wow! I never knew that about him.

I see van Rompuy is one MFC*, some real poisonous scum that's floated to the top of the political pond.

The next time Farage has a go at him he should get some of that lowdown on the rat into the public record too.

I wonder how often the words democracy and democratic cross his lips when he speaks.

* A technical term, and no, it doesn't stand for Microsoft Foundation Class.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:14 pm 
There's something of the Himmler about him too. You know, the banality of evil and all that.

Himmler van Rumpoid.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:46 pm 

John Archer wrote:

I see van Rompuy is one MFC*, some real poisonous scum

I do hope you aren't referring to Millwall FC John :lol: :lol:

Wish us luck at Wembley Saturday. PDT_Armataz_01_34

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:57 pm 
Despite Von Rompuy's antics in the Belgian parliament he has not slowed the move towards an independent Flemish speaking Flanders. See post in French which highlights gains that the Flemish party may make in the 13 June election.

http://bruxelles.blogs.liberation.fr/co ... poupe.html

Their wish for a Flemish speaking Flanders puts them at odds with the anti nationalist EU and of course the French speaking Walloons. It is as if the majority Welsh speakers in North Wales were splitting from England and kicking out the English speakers.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:24 am 
I'm not sure all countries were completely taken in.
I am often amused by the French, but surprisingly often find myself respecting their pragmatism. If you look carefully when in any french shop you will notice that while all prices are in Euros they also have alongside in small print the conversion to Francs. Even a bank statement has two columns with every transaction in both Euros and Francs. Basically they have simply tied the Euro to the Franc and use Euro coins, but to leave the Euro all they have to do is erase the Euro prices and print some new notes and bits of coinage, the internal economy would continue virtually uninterupted.
I don't know if other EU states have done the same as I have not seen bank statements from anywhere else.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 11:42 am 

Quote:
I don't know if other EU states have done the same as I have not seen bank statements from anywhere else.

In Portugal, certainly in the supermarkets, Escudos are also shown on the checkout screen & the printed slip...bank account statements in Euros only, at least at my bank.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]