Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:50 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 64 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Fears in the night
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:10 pm 
Site Admin

Respica te, hominem te memento. So reputedly spoke the slave into the ear of the great leader, upon his triumphal entry into Rome - loosely translated as "Remember Caesar, thou art mortal."If we have a role, on this blog, then it must surely be that - a lowly voice whispering in the ear of the powerful and famous, reminding them of their origins.And this is fanciful, so what! That's the point about blogging - the electronic equivalent of "the cat can look at the King". Its authors can invent any reason they like for going public, and if they chose lofty ideals, that is entirely their own affair.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Fears in the night
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:22 pm 
It's great to hear that Mrs Euref and the NHS may well have extended your lease. Please obey them and continue to disobey our "masters".

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:44 pm 
Helen is a lucky women.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:48 pm 

Helen isn't Mrs EU Referendum. ;)

Why would people assume that the collapse of the Euro isn't going to affect us? We're tied to it economically by the ministrations of two or three generations of political midgets, and the fact that we are thus tied is why it will hurt when their little project falls over. This shouldn't be something to be ignored, it should be something to be trumpeted from the rooftops. THEY HAVE DONE THIS TO US we should crying. Their arcane games and gambles with the livelihoods of billions are going to hurt us, all because they think they know how the world should be run, and they should absolutely be held accountable for this. Pointing out that the Euro's collapse is a bad thing doesn't mean that one supports the idea of the Euro; it means that one is all too painfully aware of how much we've been fucked over by our erstwhile "masters", and how much trouble their games will cause when they end.

[RN Fan 1A]

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:49 pm 
If the EU's apparatchiks can have 'beneficial crises', why can't I (or we) have a beneficial economic collapse? If the entire currency structure fails, the pro-Euro quotes made by the members of the political clique don't disappear down the plug-hole with the Euro.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:50 pm 

Richard,

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. My heart continues to function on Ramipril and the occasional Zopiclone for soundless sleep. We shall both be here long after the EU. Trust me, I'm not a politician.

Regards,

Perry

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:56 pm 
I knew something was wrong as Richard usually posts something interesting to muse over, that gives me much food for thought daily.
Richard, please listen to your Mrs and rest up well. You owe it to all us anonomous readers to get better, as we count on you. Not for nothing do I have a link to your site under "Real News".
I come to your site to get your valued opinion and not anyone elses. Stay true to yourself and your loyal readers!
I'm one of those awful red headed people from north of the border but I do recognise common sense when I hear it...

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:00 pm 

Agh. Get well soon!

This is worrying. I don't want you to be pressured by readers to work yourself to death... or worked up by readers' posts or dealing with forum spam when you would rather do something more pleasant. Your pace is already unmatched by any other blogger on the internet so there's got to be some room for manuever. One change without covering less - and you already cover the work of five thousand bloggers - would be more micro-blogs of a couple of sentences between the more in-depth stuff. Twitter-like. And perhaps a 'horlicks' every other night rather than every night...

Git wrote:
Helen is a lucky women.

Helen's not Mrs EU Referendum...!

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:04 pm 

Oh my goodness - look at my new signature and icon! It's all my fault! I'm sorry... perhaps I should change back to the old ones...
:oops:

Edit: changed the cart/tumbril avatar back to the commie EU flag. PDT_Armataz_01_14

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:37 pm 

Richard

"The cemeteries are full of indispensible people!"

so look after your health and if that means cutting back on the blogging, then so be it.

Regards

Conni

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:41 pm 

PS

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/defence/7768799/RAFs-second-in-command-dies-during-triathlon.html

What a waste.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:42 pm 
Hi,

pleased to hear you frightened yourself adequately such as to ACT (Avoid Cardiac termination?).

Now that M. has scraped herself off the ceiling as a result of being High And Wired by your stress enducing antics it is time to reflect:

1. I trust it is NOT life threatening in any time frame.
2. I'm glad it was NOT more serious.
3. Do not you think it might have been a tad too much of a reaction, minded Helen only posted a link and not her full article?
4. A wake up call of that nature makes one all too well aware that Dave Clegg is only a heart beat away from Nick Cameron's job - The Un Principled following the Un trustworthy?

Now will you do as you are told - M. may well make noises that you are a b****dy nuisance and a waste of space but that concerned look last night was that at the end of the day and nowadays all through it YOU are the b***dy nuisance she is used to!

Though there is always an element of 'for better for worse but not for lunch'!

Here is a solution for stress:
I am passing this on to you because it definitely worked for me and we all could use more calm in our lives.

By following the simple advice a Doctor friend gave me, I have finally found inner peace.

She proclaimed the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started.

So I looked around my house to see things I'd started and hadn't finished,
and, before leaving the house this morning,
I finished off a bottle of Merlot,
a bottle of shhardonay,
a bodle of Baileys,
a butle of vocka,
a pockage of Prunglies,
tha mainder of botal Prozic and Valum scriptins,
the res of the Chesescke an a box a choclits.
Yu haf no idr hou fkin gud I feal.
Peas sen dis orn to dem yu fee AR in ned ov inr pis

& for M. why dust it will only need doing again and dust is nothing more than a penance that comes with a Puritan work ethic.

Regards,
Greg L-W.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:47 pm 

"This above all, to thine own self be true...."

I was not too far off the mark...along with one or two others...a few weeks ago in picking up the subliminal indications that all was not well with you, probably because of overwork. My concern may not have alerted you, unfortunately, but there you go & this is not an 'I-told-you-so'.
Our joint concern now is that you recuperate swiftly & get back to disseminating reason in a very unreasonable World...just take it a tad easier; life is for living, not blowing cardiac gaskets.

Whether Helen is a lucky woman or not, I have no idea but I hope she is....Mrs.EURef is surely uniquely blessed. Keep it that way! PDT_Armataz_01_34

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:53 pm 

Please take care.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:58 pm 
Hi,

Constantinople's timely reminder of the death of Air Chief Marshal Sir Christopher Moran, 54 yesterday should also ensure others of us of a certain age of the great dangers of exercise:

IF you are unfit taking exercise could prove fatal.
IF you are fit why waste the time?
IF you are fit AND you are determined to take exercise be minded it could be fatal!

As Air Chief Marshal Sir Christopher Moran has just shown us all!

Regards,
Greg L-W.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 64 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next