Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:56 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: And for my next trick
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:17 pm 
Site Admin

Our net contribution to the European Union will rise this year by 60 percent, from £4.2 billion to £6.4 billion.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: And for my next trick
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:22 pm 

With another 8 billion pending.....if the PIIGS go tits up.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:24 pm 

Quote:
Cost of doing business in UK rises - report
LONDON
Mon May 24, 2010 12:12am BST

(Reuters) - The cost of doing business in Britain rose to 88.3 billion pounds this year, up 11 billion pounds on the year, after the government imposed 40 new regulations on firms, according to the British Chambers of Commerce.
BUSINESS

According to the BCC's annual Burdens Barometer, published on Monday, the most costly regulations include the European Light Duty Vehicle Emissions Standards, which has a recurring cost to business of 1.48 billion pounds and the Community Infrastructure Levy with a one-off cost to business of 457 million pounds.

The Barometer, which is compiled by the London and Manchester Business Schools, showed 40 additional regulations have been added since 2009.

Even though 21 of those resulted in a recurring annual benefit for companies, the net result was still a new annual recurring cost to business of over 1 billion pounds.

European Union regulations accounted for more than two-thirds of the total burden, and UK rules just under a third.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 9:07 pm 

Ye gods!...which should I reach for?...the Glock or the Laphroaig...or both.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

permanentexpat wrote:
Ye gods!...which should I reach for?...the Glock or the Laphroaig...or both.

Both ... in the order presented. Business before pleasure.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:12 pm 
Meanwhile the BBC continues its Cliamte Change propaganda

Doomed by Democracy ? 24 May 10
Mon, 24 May 10
Duration:28 mins

Whatever you believe about climate change you should be concerned about how our society responds to the issue. Some environmentalists are already arguing that democracy should be suspended in the face of the climate challenge.

---------------------------------

Among those demanding that democratic consent be abandoned to prevent Climate catastrophe is Prof Lovelock.

This program was followed by one on bio-diversity, which again raised the spectre of Climate Change destroying the bio-diversity of the planet. At this moment I decided to have a drink, and then get on the computer.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:50 am 
Link for

Doomed by Democracy

Governments might legitimately exercise emergency powers in wartime so, argues Prof James Lovelock, they should have similar powers to deal with the threat of global warming - even if that means abandoning democracy.

The BBC's "Ethical Man" Justin Rowlatt looks at whether Prof Lovelock is right to be so pessimistic about democratic societies' ability to act in the interests of future generations.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00sfwtc

At the heart of the Green movement, is the idea that humans are a danger to the planet. Giving political freedoms to such a creature such as man, who would then excercise for personal pleasure, is galling to Greens.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:37 pm 
My industry will be typical of the rest .

There will be cutbacks to the Transport budget . No doubt there will be cutbacks to roadbuilding .

The RHA (Road Haulage Association) , the FTA (Freight Transport Association - useless at best) and the unions will protest that we need to invest in infrastructure.ie build more roads. The construction industry will complain about lack of forward planning.

Meanwhile our contribitions to the EU will increase, enabling other countries to invest in infrastructure and make forward planning.At our expense , as we are cutting back here to spend more over there.

Now I dont suppose anyone will see the connection unless they recieve a redundancy notice or similar on the same day they see in the news or someone tells them about a grand project built with EU funds somewhere in Europe.

Is it some how possible to everyone to see this figure of 6.2 billion and the 6.4 billion together..?

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:25 pm 
With reference to the increased EU payment: Is there a chance of payment in lieu with used underpants? I will happily subscribe.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:43 pm 
Site Admin

Derek1947 wrote:
With reference to the increased EU payment: Is there a chance of payment in lieu with used underpants? I will happily subscribe.

Offer payment in euros ... much the same thing!

Profile E-mail  

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]