Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:53 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
 Post subject: The undead
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 12:11 pm 
Site Admin

Much tutting and knowing discussion attended the comparison between the fictional television character DCI Gene Hunt and David Cameron (above), during the election campaign. Widely regarded as an "own goal" for Labour, in drawing parallels between The Boy and a popular TV detective, it now seems that the comparison might have been far more apt than could possibly have been realised - and entirely unfavourable.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The undead
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:53 pm 

I was out last night, barbecue supper with a couple of immigrants in the village. I recorded the show. You might have put a spoiler alert on the post.

You do not need to put a spoiler alert on the tory party. Anybosy can see how that show is going to turn out.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:02 pm 

Ah yes, but today the "undead" announced that he is a "low tax conservative"....two lies in one phrase, bloody hell. Now we know that here is no hope. PDT_Armataz_01_35

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:02 pm 
"I was out last night, barbecue supper with a couple of immigrants in the village. I recorded the show."

Cannibalism and snuff movies. Barbarian.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:04 pm 
Site Admin

Rosemary wrote:
"I was out last night, barbecue supper with a couple of immigrants in the village. I recorded the show."

Cannibalism and snuff movies. Barbarian.

Yes, Mosquito ... what were you doing eating immigrants?

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 3:07 pm 

I know my duty.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:49 pm 

How does BBQd liver go down...and what marinade, if any, did you use & would you vouchsafe us the recipe?
Depending on it's provenance...perhaps a Paprika & Barak Palinka rub for E European? Cumin, Garam Masala & Joghurt marinade for the subcontinent...Birdseye chili & Palmoil for the others.
You should not treat having immigrants for supper so lightly, Mosquito.
Political elites are, by the bye, probably their tastiest when grilled slowly & basted with their own blood....don't forget to test the 'doneness' from time to time with a meat thermometer...it should read 160-175ºC at the centre (or left or right)....to serve, forgo the use of cutlery; simply tear apart with bare hands

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:59 pm 
Here's Booker's column, on the euro. His comments about Dave are at the end.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/colu ... urope.html

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:29 pm 
Tories soften their line on licence fee and BBC pay
Richard Brooks, Arts Editor

THE Tories have reined in plans to freeze the TV licence fee and force the BBC to reveal the salaries of its highest paid stars.

After the party’s combative approach towards the corporation in the run-up to the election, Ed Vaizey, the new minister for media and arts, has used his first interview to tell the BBC that it will be treated firmly but fairly by the coalition government.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 134071.ece

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:46 pm 
Have to apologise for the few days absence. Life unfortunately gets in the way.

Anyway, I was looking over the past history of the Conservative Party and what stoked my interest was the "Conservative Monday Club". My God - some of those members supported and sympathised even with apartheid South Africa and even tried to support white minority rule! One MP used the same lines as what the BNP get eaten up for today: "If ethnic minorities don't want to settle in the UK, then we must establish voluntary repatriation." Its interesting such views today are shredded alive as being "Neo-Nazi" and "extreme".

In relation to this thread, it just shows how much the Tories have "changed". We've gone from apartheid sympathisers and Thatcherites to a party that I can't really tell the difference from Labour. In an amusing sense, your right. These are "the Ghosts" of the once great Tory Party. Its become corrupted with the Tranzie doctrine of world government, open borders and carbon taxing.

I'm just waiting personally for the arrival of the "Great Depression 2.0" which should be hitting us this summer or autumn. Gerald Celente's long been talking about it and he's already being proven right. Equity markets are busting. Euro's going down. Even on the news, I saw an article with experts saying its going down that territory. Looks like Celente is right!

It'd be great if we get PR, the economy crashes and people finally realise they can vote for the minority parties without it being a wasted vote. Its the only way to save our country. Otherwise, this three headed "hydra" will destroy us.

Speaking of the Lib Dims, has Clegg still stuck to his guns over proportional representation or are they now backing AV? If its AV, its virtually FPTP and thats no good. AV+ could work but PR would be the best system.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 5:49 am 

Thanks a bundle for the spoiler.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 10:01 am 
Site Admin

John Page wrote:
Thanks a bundle for the spoiler.

I thought the programme had been shown? Never watched it anyway, so I have no idea when it was being broadcast.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 12:56 pm 
Like the analogy, Cameron and Clegg dead men walking.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 7:30 pm 

An once again you have spectacularly missed the point, Gene hunt was revealed to be a man who denies himself Heaven to guide others to their rightful destination, the savior of lost souls. Bad boy Richard, Bad, research then pontificate.

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 8:18 pm 
Site Admin

Grey wrote:
An once again you have spectacularly missed the point, Gene hunt was revealed to be a man who denies himself Heaven to guide others to their rightful destination, the savior of lost souls. Bad boy Richard, Bad, research then pontificate.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Profile E-mail  

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]