Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:54 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Vanity money
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:47 am 
Site Admin

One of the more egregious stupidities, from a man given to more than average, is David Cameron's decision to ring-fence the foreign aid programme. Better late than never, we now have Andrew Gilligan in The Daily Telegraph questioning that decision, in a piece headed: "Did Britian (sic) really need to give millions to the wealthy state of Singapore?"

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Vanity money
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:14 am 
What are their focus groups telling them? Whose votes does this buy? Can they really be this dumb? This has got to be a deliberate cross party attempt to smash the country. Who is pulling the strings here?

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:17 am 

"Who is pulling the strings here", Brownymandleson could it be? The cleggerons seem to be everything that the other pair of shysters were, crooks in fancy suits.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 11:43 am 
Their focus groups are telling them that the demographics of the UK mean that native Britons are hurtling towards minority status (as schools' enrolment figures show) and that future voters, assuming elections are still permitted, will be from Africa, Pakistan, Afghanistan etc and will approve of whitey being fleeced in this manner.
By the way, I voted for the BNP in the recent election and everything that has happened since then has reinforced my conviction that I was absolutely right to do so and that there really is no alternative if British people are to survive in our own islands.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:15 pm 
Singapore is important as a "manufacturing hub"

http://earth2tech.com/2010/05/19/electr ... singapore/

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:21 pm 
At long last you big bloggers are picking up on this. I've been writing about the horrendous waste for months since I started to scrutinise the DFID website. So much money spent on dubious projects and no accountability anywhere.

Entirely agree the whole department should be dismantled and reassembled by those with common sense.

Please keep returning to this subject. There is desperate need throughout the world but we must target the need accurately and stop filling the pockets of the corrupt.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:23 pm 
Allan_Aberdeen wrote:
By the way, I voted for the BNP in the recent election and everything that has happened since then has reinforced my conviction that I was absolutely right to do so and that there really is no alternative if British people are to survive in our own islands.

At the moment that's you and me, Allan, and half a million others. The rest don't seem to quite get it yet. It's hard to believe we have so many in urgent need of 'remedial' self-preservation.

It seems Breathing for Dummies could well be a best seller here.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:41 pm 

Bronwen Maddox wrote an article on this in The Times, 22nd April

"Our foreign aid target is absurd and outdated
The main parties are perversely sticking to a figure that never had any legitimacy"

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/commen ... 104236.ece

She makes the points that it's slavish adherence to a nominal figure which always made doubtful sense, and that the Chinese are certainly pouring money into Africa, for something (minerals, raw materials) and with no strings attached by way of human rights, good governance or anything of the sort.

Ring fencing foreign aid has been Tory policy for a good year. It's tempting to think that there's something going on, such as backhanders or lubricating profitable deals, but I think it's more likely that the political classes live in a world of their own and can't see the nonsense of borrowing money to give away. Even so, it's odd that these billions have been ringfenced, not even up for review.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:20 pm 

Re Tory policy......one name Steve Hilton.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:40 pm 
<i>And the reason we should not rise up and slaughter him is?</i>

Spattered blood is so difficult to get out of own's clothes.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:41 pm 
FU (Fed Up) wrote:
Re Tory policy......one name Steve Hilton.

Thanks FU.

It seems you're right but I had to wiki him first as I'd never heard of him.

Well surprise, surprise — an alien influencing the not-the-tory-party. Who'd have guessed it?

No wonder he craves anonymity. Apparently.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:57 pm 

Steve Hilton...our 'elite' is full of Hiltons...and they are not indigene friendly.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:18 pm 
The reason we should not rise up and slaughter them is that currently we do not possess sufficient numbers of weapons and ammunition. We need some of these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GEA9-INHC8
and these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe-QP8s1ZJc
and these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNW3EBxf ... re=related
and this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqucgAIF ... re=related
We'll be back at ya.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:47 pm 

I was once paid a significant amount of US AID dollars to do a little job in Eastern Europe after the fall of communism, starting a stock exchange. A number of US contractors and a Canadian software supplier were involved too. I was then very much in favour of foreign aid. Provided it was me doing the aiding.

This is what I call sticky money. No matter who it is meant to be spent on, it sticks to the fingers of the spenders, and their mates.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:49 pm 
Site Admin

Ian E wrote:
<i>And the reason we should not rise up and slaughter him is?</i>

Spattered blood is so difficult to get out of own's clothes.

Not a problem --- cold, salt water soak and a cool bio wash ... works a treat. My slaughterhouse whites used to come up pristine.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 18 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next