Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:28 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 40   [ 587 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next
 Post subject: GENERAL ELECTION THREAD
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

As forecast

None of the many political pundits who have so often predicted - with such very great confidence - that Brown was going to go to the country on such-and-such a date are now reminding their audiences that they got it wrong. We, however, can enjoy a quiet, self-satisfied (smug, even) smirk, having consistently said that the prime minister would go full term. So much for these great pundits ...

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: GENERAL ELECTION THREAD
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:01 pm 
I predict these self same pundits will have egg on their faces with a significant Tory victory.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:27 pm 
WTF?? A general election??

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:32 pm 
"WTF?? A general election??"

No, the election of our government was two months ago - see here:

http://www.euractiv.com/en/future-eu/eu ... barroso-ii

All that was announced this morning was a by-election among the 27 non-exec directors.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:10 pm 

GENERAL ELECTION THREAD alternative title: WAILING WALL THREAD PDT_Armataz_01_23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:12 pm 
Now we all know we're slaves, 'cos Gordon says so....

"We will renew the contract between the people and those that they are sworn to serve"

http://raedwald.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:58 pm 
RAENORTH wrote:
As forecast

It would be a good time, methinks, to find a deserted island, well away from any broadcast media, failing which, there is always the "off" button on the TV – ditto the radio.

I was just driving along with the wiff, I was maniacally switching channels on the radio, hoping to find one that wasn't telling me what a star Cleggover is etc. etc., eventually I switched off while muttering something about four MORE weeks of this bolleaux... Ye gods!

The wiff sighed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:03 pm 
"Overkill" - surely le mot juste when it comes to what we wish to do with our politicians.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

Guest wrote:
RAENORTH wrote:
As forecast

It would be a good time, methinks, to find a deserted island, well away from any broadcast media, failing which, there is always the "off" button on the TV – ditto the radio.

I was just driving along with the wiff, I was maniacally switching channels on the radio, hoping to find one that wasn't telling me what a star Cleggover is etc. etc., eventually I switched off while muttering something about four MORE weeks of this bolleaux... Ye gods!

The wiff sighed.

I wonder if they have the first idea quite what a turnoff their hyperventilation really is? It is not as if they are actually telling us anything new, or anything we needed to know ... this is pure political theatre, with the kiddies having broken out of the Commons and spilled out onto the streets - where they are about as unattractive close-up as they are on the green benches. As for the statutory gender and ethnic balanced crowds of attentive listeners providing The Boy with his backdrop, if there was anything more obviously contrived, I would like to know ... other than The Boy himself.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:54 pm 

With the general election campaign underway, here are some ideas for questions to ask candidates about Common Purpose: http://tinyurl.com/yj6gtqm

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:21 pm 
"As for the statutory... ethnic balanced crowds of attentive listeners providing The Boy with his backdrop"... many of whom, according to a hilarious clause in the Law of Unintended Consequences, hold rather "strong" views on poovery. Dave has unwittingly recruited quite a lot of "homo""phobic" PPCs. Ha ha ha.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:40 pm 

So there I was, finishing off my winter ploughing (three months late, thanks to all that global warming), listening to Radio 2. On the 4 o'clock news, first poltical soundbite went to Nigel Farage, who was excellent in his alloted fifteen seconds. Succinct, waffle-free...great coverage for UKIP. I nearly put a kink in my arrow-straight ploughing.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:39 pm 
Die dave, die.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:20 pm 
God, what an inspiring message from our "dear leader"! I really feel inspired to go out and vote for this man and the Tory Party version of "change". What an inspiration to us all! *Rolls eyes*

I'm not sure what is the best alternative in my opinion. Labour wins and screws up for another five years with the Tories putting up a plastic patriot that ends up achieving nothing. Dave getting in, screwing up and hopefully eventually allowing the minor parties to become part of the inevitable mainstream. OR a hung parliament which leads to more screw ups.

I'm sure the controllers of this country will make that decision come election day. Call me immature but I always get the feeling the results are "decided" for us - no matter on votes. I guess its what I read once: "Would those in power really give the ordinary person a decision in running the country? No, so they put up these samey parties and let us pretend we've got the choice."

Then again, here's hoping we do still have some form of democracy left....

If UKIP and the BNP do lose out, I'll be inclined to think the votes were rigged.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:43 pm 
If it all gets too much you can always have some fun here:
http://www.slapometer.com/

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 40   [ 587 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40  Next