Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:20 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Like rabbits in headlights
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:47 pm 
Site Admin

The anti-EU party UKIP is often accused of being a "single issue" party, and indeed it is – and that issue is "who governs us", Westminster or the European Union. But in exactly the same sense, the Westminster rabble have become single issue parties. The no longer have any distinguishing policies so their only issue is which party should have the dubious privilege of sending its leader to live in No 10 Downing Street.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Like rabbits in headlights
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:11 pm 
Oh we know exactly what will happen. It will be harsh austerity sooner or later.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

Git wrote:
Oh we know exactly what will happen. It will be harsh austerity sooner or later.

Yes, but shambolic austerity ... instead of managed decline, we get random, panic cuts as they run out of money.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:40 pm 

I've read Lubos Motl mention in passing the possibility of green terrorism. If they have to cut the eco-budget do you think the likes of Plane Stupid will become a threat? I'd like to know to what extent they HAVE to keep funding these greenies and to what extent they do it out of free stupidity.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:50 pm 

I'm feeling unwell again...
...but still with enough malice to protest at
Quote:
And to that question, none of them have an answer either.

Naughty...silent edit please PDT_Armataz_02_11

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:01 pm 
<i>That is the great tragedy of it all. As Booker writes, like rabbits in headlights, our politicians wait paralysed for the crunch that must inevitably come, totally devoid of plans, devoid of any sense of urgency, devoid of anything approaching leadership or intelligence.</i>

The same can be said when the lights start to go out.
The same can be said when the fracture of society due to the open doors immigration policy of Labour leads to civil conflict.

A society that is naturally cohesive does not require a 'Cohesion' minister. A homogenuous society is also one that can unite and suffer hardship for the common good. But a fractured society is unable to do so. It will therefore be every man or woman, and ethnicity, out to grab what they can get without putting anything in.

So where does this leave us? In the end,all such existential matters are settled by the sword.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:48 pm 
It's not Bosnia yet DP111, not by a loooooong shot.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:41 pm 
DP111: More likely the BNP will be in power before the whole country fragments into civil war. Though at this period in time, I'm beginning to see that as a bit of an eventuality with the way things are going.

Listen to Gerald Celente. He's predicting another huge economic crash by 2010 and from what I'm seeing, he could very well be right. Like he said before, last year's bailouts only delayed the inevitable. Inflation is still going up, we're printing bank notes and nothing is improving.

As for UKIP, I recall one poster once saying UKIP would really be the real deal and any BNP MPs as dummy shells. On the contrary, I thought to myself UKIP MPs would more likely be dummy shells. Unlike the BNP which would cause an outcry, the establishment usually just ignore UKIP and wave them off. Somehow, even I think their not worth it.

This election is gonna be interesting. I'm seeing people voting Tory "just to get Labour out" and the imagine hope Cameron is going to change things when in power. That said, I can't see it myself. If it is most likely going to be a hung parliament, on top of another worst economic crisis, this really could be the crunch point we're approaching.

Sometimes I feel a bit guilty about pinning hopes on the BNP but after seeing UKIP's recent performance over the vote with third world payments, I just don't have much hope with that party. Still, I think we're definitely entering the "interesting times" period, thats for sure. The days of Liblabcon dominating the show I think will eventually come to an end unless something amazing happens (which at this point, I doubt it will)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:33 pm 
I have one problem in the forthcoming elections.

Who the hell do I vote for? I don't need instructions, I'm just in a dilemma!

UKIP is unlikely to field a candidate, the 3 main parties are no damned good & the only option is likely to be a party I have a peculiar loathing for but still feel a tendency towards voting for them.

This in my view is a damned horrible situation to be in. There is of course the other option of abstention.

DaveE.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:38 pm 
Site Admin

DavidEvans wrote:

Who the hell do I vote for? I don't need instructions, I'm just in a dilemma!

UKIP is unlikely to field a candidate, the 3 main parties are no damned good & the only option is likely to be a party I have a peculiar loathing for but still feel a tendency towards voting for them.

This in my view is a damned horrible situation to be in. There is of course the other option of abstention.

DaveE.

It's as easy as A B C ... Anyone But Cameron

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:43 pm 
RAENORTH wrote:
DavidEvans wrote:

It's as easy as A B C ... Anyone But Cameron

BNP it is then ;-)

DaveE.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:46 pm 
Oh well.

At least screwing that up showed me how it works. :-)

DaveE.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:40 pm 
DavidEvans: Vote for whichever party is standing in your area. If its UKIP - vote UKIP. If its BNP - vote BNP.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:27 pm 

Saving 100 billion on the back of a cig packet, we should compare notes, on currently released figures I've found less than 70 billion spent directly at the national level which can be cut overnight without anyone but the newly (and deservedly) jobless noticing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:37 am 
Site Admin

Grey wrote:
Saving 100 billion on the back of a cig packet, we should compare notes, on currently released figures I've found less than 70 billion spent directly at the national level which can be cut overnight without anyone but the newly (and deservedly) jobless noticing

Nah ... I used an envelope, not a cig packet ... since they put the health warnings on the packets, you can't plan to take over the world on them any more. But the envelope is a bit bigger, which is probably why I got to £100 billion and you only made £70 billion. Try a bigger envelope. For real fun, flog off all the NHS real estate ... preferably to Tesco and Asda, and get them to run the hospitals ... it can still be free at the point of delivery ... the provider simply puts in the bill to the Department of Health. The money we get for the real estate would probably wipe out the national debt. If not, we can also sell off the schools to the highest bidders ... on the same financial basis.

BTW - did you include local authorities? There's at least £40 billion there for the asking, and another £40 billion if you try a little harder.

Profile E-mail  

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next