Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:34 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 19   [ 276 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: CLIMATE CHANGE - END GAME
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:05 pm 
Site Admin

The turning tide

Paul Mulshine takes apart the Railway Engineer, while The Washington Post debunks "green" jobs. There are too many signs to conclude other than that the tide is turning. It will take some time, but the strength is draining from the global warming scam. We are moving into the end game.

To celebrate, I've opened up a new thread.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: CLIMATE CHANGE - END GAME
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:55 pm 

IPCCgate
http://klimazwiebel.blogspot.com/2010/0 ... -ipcc.html
Via Bishop Hill - a review of WG3 by Richard Toll.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:48 pm 
Whilst the WAPO article is correct in what it says, the general thrust of AGW theorists is that we should reduce our use of carbon based energy and therefor energy use in total. This must mean that many jobs now being eased by the use of fossil fuels will have to be done either without them or with less use of them. This inevitably implies more demand for old fashioned manual labour, and will increase the number of jobs.
Of course the cynics might ask whether it is actually an advance to employ ten men with shovels and ten wheelbarrow handlers all on minimum wage, rather than one well paid digger driver and a couple of well paid dumper drivers producing a surplus that can be used for re-investment or poor relief- thats another matter- but I am confident that a green society will require more work.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:35 pm 

Twitter + "Chile" + "Global Warming" = horror show.

Another good one from Biased BBC.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:53 am 

Quote:
We are moving into the end game.

To celebrate, I've opened up a new thread.

I'm glad to see that your celebration is modest, Richard...we are a long way from organizing a victory parade.
I do realise that I am a Jeremiah, but what I see is that despite the outings, the deliberate use of 'mistaken' data & the notional apparent awakening of the general public to the fact that there is even a debate in progress, it is still "Move along...nothing to see here!" from the great & the evil. Nothing that has so far been produced to cast reasonable doubt on AGW is deterring the scammers from business as usual....we, and the evidence, are simply being ignored.
Richard commented recently on the main strength of the EU...he described it as Persistence and he is, as so very often, correct. The referenda of powerful & not so powerful nations, lucky enough to even be granted the right to an opinion...were simply ignored & they were bidden to try again until they provided the 'correct' answer...the utter chutzpah is clearly NOT beyond belief.
Richard has also been at pains to point out that AGW is an integral part of the same animal and, if he still holds to that opinion, I would very much like to know his reasons even for a small celebration, let alone talking about an 'end game'
All the evidence, from my standpoint, points to any kind of hubris as being horrendously optimistic & touching the pinnacle of self-delusion.
Al Gore, who should be in hiding somewhere in the Bolivian jungle...or taking part in the US Witness Protection Program with a new identity...publishes, I find it not hard to believe, his new book on more of the same....we...simply do not exist!
Sorry if this has been posted previously: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/28/opinion/28gore.html
If you still believe that which you have written, Richard, I would suggest postponing the flag-waving...even a tiny, recycled paper eco-friendly one....and you have no idea how it grieves me to write this comment....sorry!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:12 am 
Site Admin

I am a great believer in self-fulfilling prophesies. Destroy the myth of inevitability and the religion starts to collapse.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:15 am 

Does end-game refer to Pachauri, the IPCC, AGW, Cap and Trade,...?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:39 am 
End game? Not so much. The science is long settled, and thus we can now focus on implementing a European-wide Emissions Trading Platform. At least according to Connie Hedegaard, the new EU kommissar for climate protection:

http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/sozial ... 66,00.html

Yes, it's that very same Connie Hedegaard that put down the presidency for the COP15 conference:

http://www.oneclimate.net/2009/12/16/co ... -at-cop15/

And as a proper kommissar, she has her own Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connie_Hedegaard

Needless to say, that Wiki page is a scary read, and the thought that we are being ruled by such (self censored) makes me crazy.

When will the people stand up against this madness??

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:33 am 

Quote:
Connie Hedegaard holds an MA in Literature and History.

Need one say more.

Post subject: from old thread
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:37 am 

John Archer wrote:
precisely what AGW alarmism is — a ‘protective belt of auxiliary scientific hypotheses’ surrounding an ideological core.

Like it PDT_Armataz_01_34 . A generic observation for “post-normal science” ?

John Archer wrote:
about introducing the philosophy of science into the AGW 'debate'. I have the strong feeling that this would be a big mistake....do nothing but muddy the water even further.

You may be right. Although to some extent, the issue is already out there, presumably prompting NovelPhenomena’s post.

For me, Popper, in the general context, does add something – e.g. the Everett-Wheeler interpretation in QM doesn’t pass. Others, maybe interesting, but not useful in the same way.

Richard has written about prestige. With the ‘ scientists vs. sceptics’ framing, the AGWers are trying to invoke the prestige of science. This is deceiving, as the successes of science, which gave rise to the prestige, were done under a system that they are not adhering to. Academic freedom/anarchy is powerful, but only when time is allowed for the hypotheses to be tested. For public policy purposes, there has to be an institutionally managed quality filter. Traditionally, I guess part of the role of the scientific civil service. But now we have AGW and other post-normal science, where the UK Chief Science Advisor role is merely ‘ calling for more openness’ after the event.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:12 pm 
I never understood why an early spring is scary. I like spring.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:22 pm 

To see just what a laughing stock Gore has become, search Youtube for 'Gore manbearpig'!

For instance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfGmf8L3 ... re=related

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:37 pm 

Piers Corbyn of WeatherAction has just put this out

Quote:
March 2010 – Essential Summary forecast (for Free circulation):
“The worst type of March possible for farming &
gardening. Generally cold wet windy and often wintry
with snow and hail and frosts in places but one brief
very warm even hotspell in parts lasting about 5 days.
The warm spell will bring forth an amazing burst of bounteous Spring
green shoots which will then be largely zapped by a prolonged return
to generally cold rather wintry weather in many parts of Britain, Ireland
& Europe (with some stark contrasts through regions)"

If he has this one right then I don't like it.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:04 pm 
Richard SJ Tol wrote:
I never understood why an early spring is scary. I like spring.

It's only scary because you can almost guarantee that cold weather is going to follow and kill off whatever has started to grow. See also the weather forecast from Piers Corbin for confirmation of said scary weather! As a keen gardener it is heartbreaking especially as you are thrilled by a bit of warm weather and I always make the mistake of starting things off too early only to have to repeat the exercise again a couple of months later.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:06 pm 

Global warming alarmed parents murdered their whole family: daughter survives

Too late for these guys - miracle the littlest one survived.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 19   [ 276 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next