Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:09 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Paralysis
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

When so much is happening, across the board, it can have a galvanic effect, but it can also induce a sort of paralysis. No sooner do you sit down to write something profound about one issue, then another one claims your attention – the focus on the one then distracts from the other. Four core issues, all of great interest to this blog, are all building to a crescendo simultaneously. There is the situation in Afghanistan, which I have sadly neglected, having temporarily abandoned Defence of the Realm to concentrate on climate change.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Paralysis
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:19 pm 
Richard, I enjoy and support 90% of all you write. However I cannot understand this passionate antipathy to Cameron and his "adoring masses". There are thousands of volunteer activists of all hues and few blindly accept all they are fed by their leadership and at times resign, as I have done. At least give people credit for having a go at working for a cause they believe in. Such language is more fitting of Labour post 1994 and Blair.
Such is our political climate and dumbed down electorate, the internet is one of the few places to be able to make a difference. Sadly Rome wasn't built or The UK ruined in a day. Give Cameron a term in office then, if deserved, go for the jugular. One thing is for certain. Five more years of Labour and we will not be able to blog against our masters.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:22 pm 
RAENORTH wrote:
Such arcane issues, however, are guaranteed turn-off to the average reader and one is thus advised not to dwell on them. We thus sweep past them, leaving me with the conundrum of what to write about. Too many issues ... too much to do ... paralysis has set in.

Dr. North,

Being an average reader, I find that the issues discussed here are important. They are neither arcane nor turn-offs. Your articles on EU, UK politics and Climategate have enhanced my understanding about global financial interests, media and government. Reading them and the subsequent commentary by forum members is a learning experience.

I think that surfers like me do not find your blog by accident, rather, their inquiries for information lead them here. Ordinary folks like me need to know the truth but have no idea where to find it. I was relieved to find a place where I could evaluate the information and draw my conclusions. That is a precious resource.

The spectacular amount of data which you provide is a critical antidote for the mental paralysis induced by the corporate media.

I am glad you mention that there are too many issues to write about. A writer always fears the opposite.

Hammer away at those keys sir, you are an agent of change.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:29 pm 

The economy has been hijacked by greenies and society has broken down. Ask two people - a single parent and a Tory politician - one may agree with one and disagree with the other.

There is damaging high Islamic immigration and the EU is taking our decisions. Ask two people - a naturalised British East European immigrant in Luton and a Labour minister - one will agree with one and disagree with the other.

The troops are in Afghanistan to make work for people with Gender Study degrees. Real human and environmental disasters are being ignored. Ask two people - 20 year old female student and a male environmental activist - you will get two different opinions on each subject.

In effect, divide and rule.

Everyone is annoyed about something but not in sufficient agreement on a sufficient amount of issues to really cooperate to direct their attacks on the political class. Instead they work with the political class for token victories, which get smaller and smaller.

The resentment is simmering, looking for an outlet. I think you said before when it does explode it will be for a strange reason unconnected to anything. The roulette wheel is spinning, the ball is bouncing across the numbers looking for somewhere to stop.

Also, Richard, you really must have Herculean mental strength to do what you do..., particularly when all roads into the establishment have been barricaded off. What's the point? You could wait a couple of months and pick it up from there. Unless, what you are doing is too important for you to stop.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:41 pm 
Noooo. Unparalyze yourself. I'd like your perspective on that phoney bomb/drugs/smelly feet detector which that British bloke sold to Governments worldwide and in some parts are being used (successfully lol) as we speak. You know the one with a divining rod fm ariel on top of the unit. Newsnight covered the story and the fellow was arrested so there might well be subjudicy problems commenting on the story but what a story it makes. One day it may well form the plot of a crime caper comedy thriller.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:53 pm 
Site Admin

oldrightie wrote:
Richard, I enjoy and support 90% of all you write. However I cannot understand this passionate antipathy to Cameron and his "adoring masses". There are thousands of volunteer activists of all hues and few blindly accept all they are fed by their leadership and at times resign, as I have done. At least give people credit for having a go at working for a cause they believe in. Such language is more fitting of Labour post 1994 and Blair.
Such is our political climate and dumbed down electorate, the internet is one of the few places to be able to make a difference. Sadly Rome wasn't built or The UK ruined in a day. Give Cameron a term in office then, if deserved, go for the jugular. One thing is for certain. Five more years of Labour and we will not be able to blog against our masters.

Perhaps I am coming at it from a different direction ... I came to politics not through the traditional party political route but through trade politics, where the interest is entirely issue based. We have our views and then look for the politicians who support them. Thus, with Cameron, I do a sort of mental tick-box ... and on virtually every policy on which I hold a firm view, he represents almost exactly the opposite. Yet, the mantra is, I must vote for him to get rid of Brown.

It is this arrogant supposition that, even though he makes no concessions to issues I hold dear, and holds completely opposing views on many of them, I should still vote for him ... the assumption that since he is the "only" alternative, then I should support him. Most of what the man stands for, I detest. He occupies a space in a party for which I would, traditionally, vote and which is now alien to me. I resent being forced into that position, where the only choice I have is to vote for the party I dislike least.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:50 pm 
Dr North

You are aware of Pachauri's role in the Indo-Iran Gas pipeline? The energy implications of which would have thrown US calculations for the region into a tizzy. And the price the US was thus willing to pay in nuclear technology, to India.

Which then leads us directly to the present situation.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:04 pm 
Your attempt to integrate these seeming disparate issues is admirable and useful. AGW and Afghanistan present two of the most compelling and complex topics in the world today. On both topics many well meaning people on both sides are in complete disagreement with one another. How is this possible? What are they missing?

There is one thing that Afghinistan can illustrate perfectly. A significant part of the justification for Westerm civilizations' intervention in Afghanistan is as follows. "We", through miltary intervention, can facilitate the establishment of a functional democratic nation state in Afghanistan. This is absurd. Afghanistan is a tribal society and as ground to plant the seeds of democracy and nation statehood it is utterly inhospitable. Indeed, from the perspective of the ideology of the west, Afghanistan is the perfect example of what we could call a "tribal wasteland". That is probably too prejorative and it is not meant to diminish at all the undoubted many good qualities of the people that live amoung the tribes in the geographic territory described as Afghanistan. Nonetheless, the point is that the people living there are perfect representatives of a state of the primal, tribal mind.

What is the tribal mind? This is where you risk more paralysis, bit it can't be helped. I urge readers to become familiar with the following authors, CG Jung, Jean Gebser, Joseph Campbell, and Charles Darwin (there are others). Integrate their writings on evolution, the self, the subconscious, latency and of course the tribal mind which lies subliminally latent in all of us.

What does this have to do with AGW and the proposed responses to the alarmism? How do concepts like man's magical powers to influence nature, or "annhialation of the individual" or "demonization of the Other" compare to the rhetoric and solutions we hear from the alarmists. These are attributes of the tribal mind. The evolution of humanity to the individual, post tribal, mind is incomplete and fragile. Regression to tribalism, as was attempted in the 30's in Germany for instance, is an ever present threat.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:45 pm 
Site Admin

Anand wrote:
Dr North

You are aware of Pachauri's role in the Indo-Iran Gas pipeline? The energy implications of which would have thrown US calculations for the region into a tizzy. And the price the US was thus willing to pay in nuclear technology, to India.

Which then leads us directly to the present situation.

No ... I wasn't - but the pipeline is certainly an issue. Interesting that he should be involved.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:46 am 
Sorry about the spelling mistakes on my last post. I will copy the next bit. For the few that might be interested in diving into some of the arcane psychological aspects of AGW alarmism, try this for a start.....

"The less aware we are of our shadow, the more we are likely to be taken over by powerful emotions arising from the collective unconscious of the species that can engender fanatical hatred of others and justify the perpetration of any kind of barbarity. When the shadow is controlling the conscious personality it may express itself as an absolute conviction of rightness which may be used to support a scientific theory, a religious belief, a political course of action or an act of aggression against another person or state. It is difficult for us to be aware of our own shadow, particularly when it is supported by the shadow aspect (the drive for power) of politics, religion or science. Some of the symptoms of the activation of the shadow are omnipotent behaviour, the drive for power, and the demonizing of an enemy through propaganda that is usually disguised as a call to patriotism. Another characteristic of someone who has been taken over by his or her shadow is humourlessness, rigidity and dogmatic certainty."

Where have we seen that before?

The links I could offer are limitless, but the quote above comes from here.

http://www.annebaring.com/anbar08_seminar9.htm

Have fun with it.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]