Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:24 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: About right
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:50 am 
Site Admin

Englishman's Castle makes the obvious but necessary point about the Chilcot inquiry and the Blair extravaganza today. Briefly, I once thought that the inquiry was important - I was wrong, and should have stuck to my earlier analysis.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: About right
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:41 pm 
IMHO the Commons was well aware that the (immediate) wmd threat was jazzed up, they needed to be told that so they could vote for it, with the safety net that when it all went wrong, they could go home to thier constituency and say "oh, no, not me, I was misled..if only I'd known". What rubbish. It was the biggest show of kahunnas I've seen in recent public life, that Blair was prepared to let himself be painted as the 'evil one' and let all the commons off the hook, so he could get what he wanted done (if you agree with it or not).
He also got a relative 'safe ride' from the yanks in being given the anti Saddam south to look after. His weakness thereafter was not being able to stand up to the media pressure and his own party when bodybags started coming back, and instead hamstrung the army (which may or may not have been what the Army wanted anyway..) with silly restrictions on what they could do. Guess I'm preaching to the converted here, as your book (which I'm going to go an order now Richard!) prob says as much, at least going from the title.

I have a book in me which I want to call 'Iraq, a perfect storm of unavoidable consequence post 9/11'...........one day I'll write it. But basically anyone who did not understand that Iraq is diectley tied to the events of 9/11 are kidding themselves (and i don't mean Iraq was directly involved, and all that deliberate misdirection that the msm dealt when others tried to point out the inevitability of it all)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:15 pm 
I'm just ignoring the whole charade. Blair should be put on trial for what he has done to this country and not subjected to any questioning on Iraq. I find it difficult to argue for Saddam remaining in power which opposition to the Iraq conflict boils down to.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:29 pm 
Poor old Gordon Brown, there he is "getting on with the job" but the wicked world ignores him. The London Afghanistan Conference is in full swing but it's all eyes on a certain Mr Blair. So while Brown deals with the events of today unseen, Blair is waffling on with his version of history. And doing so in that politico-camp style that, as time drags on, makes him more enemies than friends. One of the best funny/sad things is watching celebrities grow old but not up; television is awash with such people. Blair having now spent so much time out of UK politics, a lot of it in the US where these mannerisms he has perfected are more tolerated, looks and sounds too much like a 1980's rock star to be taken seriously any more. It's all well and good Bob Geldorf and Bono wanting to save the world but it's a hobby for them, they have day jobs. With Blair wanting to save the world is all he's got, that's his act and it's wearing thin.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]