Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: A trade agreement?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:51 pm 
Site Admin

Illustrating just how far the European Union has departed from its original ethos of a "trading agreement", we learn from Christian Today that the EU has instructed the UK to end exemptions to equality laws that allow religious employers to discriminate on the grounds of sexual orientation.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A trade agreement?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:26 pm 

On the extremely rare occasions when I buy a new car, it is white...not because I'm prejudiced against black cars (which reflect power & look quite sexy if you can bother to keep them clean...which I can't), nor am I much bothered with any other choice of car colour. No, my reasons are entirely practical: First & foremost, it acquires a much lower oven temperature when I leave it out in the sun while shopping or whatever and, secondly, it doesn't show the dirt as much as darker colours.
I know that Mr.Ford offered his Model T in any colo(u)r you wanted so long as it was black...but the later buyers put paid to that being told what you can have & what you can't...then, of course, there is what is under the bonnet (hood)...As any fule no, these days it's not always easy to tell what is under the bonnet, or boot (trunk) or roof of what looks like the same car. But, whatever it may be, it reflects the choice of the person who bought the car & how much s/he is prepared to spend. It is, after all, his/her car & none of your damned business.
S/he must, of course, pay through the nose & both earholes for the privilege of using the car...ordered, taxed, regulated as only small & narrow minds are capable of regulating, fined & worse for often petty offences on an inadequate road-system in a now third-world, crime-ridden country.
The only positive thing which remains is this: The vehicle was chosen, bought & paid-for by the owner; it belongs to him/her.
You may be inclined to suppose that this state of affairs will last into eternity...but I could not possibly comment.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:05 am 
It will be interesting to see if this leads to a wave of homosexual imans employed in British mosques. I somehow doubt it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:14 am 
This is going to be very very interesting. I can just see mosques forced to employ a woman, no no, better still , a lesbian as the imam. So they go ahead, as they have to, and a lesbian is appointed, with a great deal of fanfare from the BBC. The next day, a lesbian is found stoned to death on the grounds of the RoP. What to do? What to do? Nothing can be done, as "all" religions are free to practice their beliefs.

Or this could be one of those cunning plans of Baldrick that even Blackadder will appreciate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:04 pm 

I'm sure Grocer Heath would have been all in favour of the "Common Market" evolving into something which would force reluctant employers to give jobs to gays, though he did quite well even without such laws.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:53 am 

I know if I was an employer I'd either move out of the country/eurozone or shut up shop altogether.

To the churches, the Archbisop of Canterbury will probably welcome the news. As for the mosques & muslim owned businesses, well I can't see these taking a blind bit of notice of the diktats.

As I said on another thread they'll be us having to obey and the muslims totally disregarding orders, I predict not one mosque or muslim business will be prosecuted for refusing to employ homosexuals.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]