Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:12 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 54 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: We don't do comedy / A politician's word
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:57 pm 
Site Admin

We don't do comedy

But, if we did, it would look a bit like this. Chris Bryant in the Independent on Sunday writing about Dave Cameron's problems on "Europe".

View full article here

A politician's word

Paul Waugh in his blog, for the Evening Standard, confirms that which we have been long expecting – that the Tory leader is to announce that he will abandon his own pledge for a referendum.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A politician's word
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:01 pm 

Quote:
Today, I will give this cast-iron guarantee: If I become PM, a Conservative government will hold a referendum on any EU treaty that emerges from these negotiations.

I will believe it when I see it. Cameron is the reason I have recently left the Conservative party. He has taken my fine political home and smashed it down with a wrecking ball and said that I should be happy to live in the ramshackle hovel he has replaced it with. It might look reasonably tidy from the outside, but inside it is cold, dark and threadbare. It has become a depressing place.

He talks about localism while forcing through changes that increase centralism. He rails against discrimination while implementing candidate shortlists that exlude half the population. He talks about cutting public spending while criticising any cost reduction measure that the current shower of a government proposes. Cameron is against Labour and for winning. He puts his own narrow interests before those of voters and the country.

I want a leader - of party and country - who demonstrates integrity, not expediency. But I don't have one. Election day will be quiet and relaxing because I have no one to vote for any more. When it comes to scrutinising Cameron's record as leader, perhaps it is the Conservative membership that should not let matters rest there.

"I don't have the energy to waste any more on politics, because I can see that it's something that I can't affect [...] because politics internationally has taken its own mould and it's an international private club."

Hugh Masekela

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:39 pm 

So we have the choice between two weasily liars who break their word, Brown and Cameron? I reject Mr Sharp's thesis, respectfully, as defeatism. I think we should all vote for someone, not using our vote is irresponsible as we live in a democracy and that means we have the power to change our government. Maybe Tony Sharp should stand himself as an independent Conservative, I would vote for someone like you if you happened to live in my constituency. We should have more independents or support smaller parties. What a shame there are not enough people with courage in the Conservative party to leave the party and stand as independent Conservatives. The parliamentary parties are all guilty of treason in my opinion and deserve to hang.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:48 pm 

If Cameron's statement & promise is correct & I have no reason to doubt that it is, then the British electorate has to ask itself a simple question:

Can we vote for a man who thinks nothing of and persists in lying in our collective face?

The answer can only be a resounding "NO!"
...not even to preserve the Tory Party which is clearly, as Labour, bent on surrendering Britain to an unelected faceless foreign bureaucracy.
To diehard Tories, of which I was one, I would say this: The Party for which you are going to vote, come what may, simply doesn't exist as you picture it...like the Dodo, it is nothing but a memory.

I have no answers...I only know that we are in the deepest shit since 1940 & we have no Churchill in the wings to fortify our guts & give us hope.
There is not a single Party in the country which is half-way acceptable to a miserable electorate.
Short of a miracle, I believe that this time we've really had it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:45 pm 

I like the idea of 'Independent Conservative' since they can hold out the hint that they'd take the Tory whip when the teletubbies have been cleared out of Tory HQ. Some straight-talking independents sticking to Tory principles in the House would be a breath of fresh air.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:47 pm 
"But we will not be powerless for ever."

Precisely. Things will turn round. It is only a matter of time before people start to see the EU's hand behind every disaster. I think the turning point will be on foreign policy myself.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:55 pm 
Declan wrote:
"But we will not be powerless for ever."

Precisely. Things will turn round. It is only a matter of time before people start to see the EU's hand behind every disaster.

Agreed.

Declan wrote:
I think the turning point will be on foreign policy myself.

Well, Declan, that doesn't narrow it down much. ALL their policies are foreign to me. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:39 pm 
Look at his article. David Cameron has Swiss Toni's face and Swiss Toni's voice.

Reminder here in case you were not alive in the 1990s : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_E0ZF2uIKs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:46 pm 
Stuart wrote that "The parliamentary parties are all guilty of treason in my opinion and deserve to hang." There is one party which will bring this wish to reality and that party is, faute de mieux, the only option available to patriots. Although that party has unsavoury roots, its nature changes as moderate people who fear for our country join that party. For example, it is now the only British party which unequivocally supports the existence of the state of Israel with its predominantly Jewish population and their right of self-defence. So why not visit the BNP's website and see for yourself?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:51 pm 
If it is true that Cameron is to announce, before the election, that he is abandoning his pledge for a referendum he is being politically very foolish. But at least relatively honest. We do not have to vote Tory and his announcement compounds the reasons why we should not. He will lose votes, that's for sure. And despite Labour's abysmal record on the economy, the EU, and on civil liberties, never mind the lying, the spinning and the wars, a Tory win is not a done deal.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:25 pm 
Allan_Aberdeen wrote:
Stuart wrote that "The parliamentary parties are all guilty of treason in my opinion and deserve to hang." There is one party which will bring this wish to reality and that party is, faute de mieux, the only option available to patriots. Although that party has unsavoury roots, its nature changes as moderate people who fear for our country join that party. For example, it is now the only British party which unequivocally supports the existence of the state of Israel with its predominantly Jewish population and their right of self-defence. So why not visit the BNP's website and see for yourself?

Allan, that solution is staring everyone in the face. In British politics it is THE no-brainer of all time.

If enough adopt it, then "never in the field of human catharsis will so much have been owed by so many ...."

Richard, Nitro Mors is great but the only cleaning agent up to this job is the BNP, the cathartic party.

And boy do we need cathartic now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

John Archer wrote:
Richard, Nitro Mors is great but the only cleaning agent up to this job is the BNP, the cathartic party.

You can't use Nitromors ... methylene chloride ... it's been banned ... by the EU.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:14 pm 
RAENORTH wrote:
John Archer wrote:

You can't use Nitromors ... methylene chloride ... it's been banned ... by the EU.

Tell that to the tins of the stuff in my garage. They say, "I'm next. Me me me me me next me me me...."

And I say, "STUFF THE EU, you're next." To one of the tins of course, not you. :lol:

By the way, on my tins it says:
Quote:
Nitro
Mors

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:02 pm 
What we could do with between now and the election is thousands of posters and rear window car stickers:

VOTE BLUE - GET EU !

With the 'vote blue' printed in colour blue. How about that - short and sweet but could be effective? Get down to your local printer asap !

Budgie said: "a Tory win is not a done deal." Agree, and I believe that DC is still very very vulnerable over the EU and his failure to give a referendum on Lisbon. IMO it could prove almost fatal, and all the difference between crawling into Westminster post a GE with a small majority, and a triumphal entry with a big majority.
How can we bring home to Tory PPCs and so called eurosceptics in his party that to back DC will mean, not only the demise of the UK through a ratified Lisbon treaty, but also a war of attrition within their party that will never cease until the EU boil is lanced? If DC fails to deliver on the referendum I think it will be the biggest blunder of his unremarkable political life so far.

Incidentally does anyone know if a full list of all Tory Party Constituency chairmen is available and accessible please?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:35 pm 
David Cameron wrote : Today, I will give this cast-iron guarantee: If I become PM, a Conservative government will hold a referendum on any EU treaty that emerges from these negotiations.

The operative word is "today". The pledge was valid for the 26th Sept 2007. There.

Stuart wrote that "The parliamentary parties are all guilty of treason in my opinion and deserve to hang."

They can be found guilty for a hanging offence on several issues. The most treacherous being

1. Handing over parliamentary power, and along with it, the nation, to the EU

2. Unrestricted, in fact encouraging immigration of people whose avowed religion is to demolish any other. This has led to terrorism from within, continued terror plots, and thousands being investigated by the security services.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 54 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next