Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:04 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 39 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: The final betrayal / The face of surrender
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:05 pm 
Site Admin

The final betrayal

An extraordinary op-ed by Mary Riddell in The Daily Telegraph today bears the headline: "Britain's on the wane, and the EU is our only hope of influence." If this was just the vapourings of an airhead columnist, it could be dismissed but, unfortunately, it follows on from Miliband's speech yesterday, which said much the same thing. Look also to what Lord Heseltine is saying in The Times - the man whom is likely to join a Cameron administration – and there can be no doubt that Riddell's defeatist diatribe represents the received view of the political establishment.

View full article here

The face of surrender

Having almost completely surrendered our policy-making powers to the European Union, a process that is all but complete once the <s>constitutional</s> Lisbon treaty comes into force, little David Miliband thus goes for the obvious next stage – arguing that, in the corridors of Brussels, we should endeavour "to take a lead in developing a strong European foreign policy". For those lacking any understanding of history – which seems to include most of the MSM – a nation which no longer commands its own foreign policy is no longer an independent state.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The face of surrender
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:27 pm 

I feel ill again...very.
Treading on extremely thin PC ice, it is the backgrounds of these awful humans, political & otherwise, which leave me aghast & dumbfounded...speechless; unless I want to break PC convention brought in by these soi-disant British burghers.
Bad enough it is that they have imported alien cultures which wish for nothing better than our downfall; they themselves are even more dangerous...as representatives of our Sovereign's government they are a traitorous disgrace.
Time that Betty woke up, stood up & spoke up for her people...When we go, so too will she.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:11 pm 
You know sometimes you see a face and - it's almost chemistry - all you want to do is punch it, and punch it, again and again?

Well that's one of them.

One of my best friends once had the joy of punching Peter Hain full whack right in the middle of his face. I am so envious.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:17 pm 
It was in a pub in London - years ago. I bet the slimy git still remembers it though.

Hi Peter - unfortunately for you you'll never know who it was. I'm Welsh - I will NEVER forgive you for sprinkling broken glass on rugby pitches. As far as I'm concerned that is blasphemy - a bonfire offence.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:03 am 

Morgan

That point about Hain, commie coward, should be brought up more often. Quite agree it is a burning offence. Pity the fuzz didn't nick him and send him down, he wouldn't now be such a pain to us all, at least I think criminals are disqualified from being MPs. Although you do wonder these days!

Derek

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:30 pm 
Derek

Depending on offence, the disqualification is five years - his would be under that rule I should think, so we'd probably still be stuck with him. What I find hard to believe is that WELSH people elected him. How did that work?

I believe it is five years after the end of your punishment. So lifers for murder could never get elected because after the jail time they're only out on licence, so still under punishment. .... I think. I know I'm still disqualified for another three years (been two years since the end of my suspended sentence).

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:17 pm 

Was Hain elected? I always thought he had been shipped in by the Blair/Brown cabal. If elected it does cast doubt on some of the population, since they play rugby, they can't be that bad. Although it seems that rugby players don't drink beer anymore, could be the reason. :lol:

derek

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The final betrayal / The face of surrender
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:35 pm 
Richard
You are right again,it has come to this.We stand at a watershed moment for the UK,ahead is anonymous oblivion for these Isles,.......we have been punching above our weight on the international scene for many years,but it appears the "bastards" have finally ground us down.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:20 pm 
I never read Mary Riddell, so she has no 'influence' over me, but I did read James Kirkup in the same paper telling us how Francis Maude will reign in the Mandarins of Whitehall, HERE

So what's the point of that? Maude is parallel to Ken Clarke on the EU and it is they who will rule the roost. Putting a few Mandarins on fixed term contracts related to performance counts for nothing.

But still large chunks of the UK think Cameron will 'sort out' the EU, how stupid is that?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:35 pm 

In2minds,
Very, very stupid! Cameron is one of the problems not a solution.

Derek

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:59 pm 
The "the temperament and the skills, inherent in our Anglo-Saxon heritage" are being leeched out of our national character by the spineless, immoral turds that govern us. They wouldn't know attributes like intergrity, determination, consistency, loyalty or leadership if they were slapped about their collective faces with them. Time for change? You bet it is, but it will take more than Cameron and his crew.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:47 pm 

Well I held my nose and read that Riddell drivel.....I think you are overreacting Richard. Doesn't she write this kind of drivel every week, isn't she just a shrill for New Labour. So it is hardly supriseing that she would be out there touting BLiar. That apart, the woman is utterly mad.

Check the comments, so far I haven't read a single on in support and most are almost lost for words, in their utter contempt.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:41 pm 
Hahahaha! Hilarious! You people really need to look around you and realise your delusions. Britain is a fading power, a little island country in a world of rising giants.

Even Winston Churchill (no doubt, one of your heroes) realised this during the Second World War. As he said to his doctor, after a meeting with Roosevelt and Stalin, who gently mocked his country's loss of power: 'I want to sleep for a billion years. Stupendous issues are unfolding before our eyes. Yet we are only specks of dust that have settled in the night on the map of the world.'

That pretty much sums it all up. Britain is a speck of dust on the map of the world. It's been that way since 1945. You may hanker after a time long since past, but it will all be to no avail. In the meantime, the British people will have to suffer your illusions, when they could otherwise be playing a leading role in the formation of the European Union as a major world actor.

Grow up. Or go to the circus or something.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:09 pm 

Good-old-Churchill wrote:
Hahahaha! Hilarious! You people really need to look around you and realise your delusions. Britain is a fading power, a little island country in a world of rising giants.

You might be right that any politician with ambitions of undiluted superpower might not want to govern Britain.

But why do you assume we want to be involved in such a world-stomping vehicle - for what end do you seek superpower?

Unless there's an ice age we're always going to be an island. We could have got on fine without being part of a 'superpower'.

That said the idea the European Union will become a superpower other than a super-jolly at the peasantry's expense is pretty optimistic one, but then you probably have confused the one with the other.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:12 pm 
Good old churchill,go fuck yourself you Eu loving dick.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 39 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next