Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:03 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: The real cost
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:49 pm 
Site Admin

While the warmists and their political groupies are happily chuntering about increasing the cost of energy, all to combat their obsession with the vanishing global warming, the Citizens Advice Bureau has come up with some daunting information. The number of people seeking assistance with fuel bills, is says, has "soared" by nearly 50 percent during the past six months to the end of September, compared with the same period of the previous year.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: The real cost
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:00 pm 

But it's not a failure.

Bureaucrat team A seek to reduce CO2 by driving up the cost of fuel. Bureaucrat team B seek to ameliorate the effect of higher fuel prices. Objective A must drive more people into fuel poverty or it "ain't working". Pile on the funds to achieve this worthwhile goal. Objective B must undermine objective A or it "ain't working". Pile on the funds to achieve this worthwhile goal

Just as we admire the confidence trickster who sold Brooklyn Bridge we are forced to admire this wonderful system.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

JohnM wrote:
But it's not a failure.

Bureaucrat team A seek to reduce CO2 by driving up the cost of fuel. Bureaucrat team B seek to ameliorate the effect of higher fuel prices. Objective A must drive more people into fuel poverty or it "ain't working". Pile on the funds to achieve this worthwhile goal. Objective B must undermine objective A or it "ain't working". Pile on the funds to achieve this worthwhile goal

Just as we admire the confidence trickster who sold Brooklyn Bridge we are forced to admire this wonderful system.

Like the song said ... it all makes work for the working man to do. Yes, you are right ... we have the cost of energy going up, and then all sorts of mitigation schemes to reduce the impact on the "vulnerable", all with their own bureaucratic empires to administer them. And bang in the middle, between the rich and the needy poor comes the middle class, squeezed from both directions and struggling without any assistance. Contrary to popular opinion though, revolutions are fostered by the middle classes. Pips squeek for only so long, then they get angry.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:52 pm 
The British middle class are revolution. I doubt that very, very much. They will go to their graves taxed and freezing moaning all the way, but that is about it. The only other option is to look overseas (not to some imagined paradise) but to a country where you can at least have a fighting chance to make money and keep as much of it as you can. Let you know when I find it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:12 pm 

themanfromUNCLE wrote:
The British middle class are revolution. I doubt that very, very much. They will go to their graves taxed and freezing moaning all the way, but that is about it.

I agree. Although the man in the pub is almost looked down upon by some on here, I think the man in the pub is more likely to revolt than the middle classes, and think what would happen If the welfare state collapsed, you'd see what a real revolution is, tumbrils and all, but even then I don't think the middle class would join in, not without prior permission from the government or EU.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:32 pm 
Global warming having turned south east England into a veritable California I am tapping this out with the rads on full blast all over the house (kids off school with colds so got to keep 'em warm) while worrying about the inevitable fxxxx fat bill that will drop on the mat.

I have to cross the road when I see the little turds campaigning for 'Greenpeace' in my local town centre for fear that I will strangle one of the little bastards to death.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:35 pm 
The middle classes have realised the administrative class is pillaging them,the middle classes will either decamp or join the administrative class,some will soldier on,but others will foment change. Remember your revolutionary theory,it's the bourgeoisie who lead revolutions. There is a ready made pool of sans culottes in the stabbing classes. Their pubs have closed,they can't smoke where they want,they have been the hardest hit by economic and social collapse. National pride,myths and heroes have been deconstructed in front of them. You ain't seen nothing yet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:44 pm 

I can see what Richard is getting at.

Bolsheviks - overwhelmingly middle class. See Conquest et al. Think Lenin, Trotsky
Cuba - Guevara, Castro
China - Mao
French - etc

But the middle class here is not typical (eg a small businessman). These are the intellectuals who feel their talents are not being used correctly. Nevertheless to describe them as working class is a nonsense. They knew they were a vanguard and acknowledged it from Lenin onwards.

Unfortunately, I don't see that group itching to revolt except to accelerate the present path. And I don't see any evidence of an alternate grouping ready to revolt.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:00 pm 
There has already been a revolution by the "intellectual " left elite,it was called New Labour, the most extremist political party of recent times.
The "paying" classes are incandescent. Political correctness may be muzzling them for the time being,but people can only be ground down for so long. Your pension goes to a jobsworth,your bins are monitored,your car kept under surveillance,your children ge crappy education. Green insanity bringing immiseratio,your mother freezing to death,your father with DNR on his hospital chart.Add in ID cards,and other officiousness,there is trouble brewing.
Make your own list of how much oppression and misery the NEw Labour Project has brought. Then think of Peter Mandelson and Jaqui Smith.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:42 pm 

Are you sure such violence should be called foul?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:03 pm 
Th French have a nice little history of revolutions - the kind that involves sharp blades descending on fair white necks. It is this kind of revolution that keeps French politicians in line, and why they make haste to concede to demands from the public, EU or no EU. Besides they are nicely set up with nuclear power.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:26 pm 
Site Admin

renminbi wrote:
Are you sure such violence should be called foul?

Oh, the violence I have in mind most certainly is.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:28 pm 

It's not supriseing that so many are in trouble, we are being screwed blind, tks to this warmist madness.

Nat Gas prices are still less than50 % of the Oct '08 peak

Prices should have fallen a long way and only now riseing somewhat.....though Oil hit 82 Dollars tdy and is heading above 100 again. life is gonna get a lot worse yet.......the Great Moonbat is gonna be running for his llife before too long.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]