Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:24 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 40 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: WTF?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:48 pm 
Site Admin

Climate change sceptics are to be targeted in a hard-hitting government advertising campaign that will be the first to state unequivocally that Man is causing global warming and endangering life on Earth. The £6 million campaign, which begins tonight in the prime ITV1 slot during Coronation Street, is a direct response to government research showing that more than half the population think that climate change will have no effect on them.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: WTF?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:53 pm 

"Ministers sanctioned the campaign because of concern that scepticism about climate change was making it harder to introduce carbon-reducing policies such as higher energy bills."

swap 'higher energy bills' with 'green taxes'.

The poor dears are just desperate for money aren't they?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:59 pm 

And the PM-in-waiting is a paid up member of this suicide cult. I posted on another thread that Christina Speight’s arguments were giving me pause for thought. I’ve paused. I’ve thought. We need to bring the political establishment down. No matter what.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:13 pm 
Site Admin

ELF wrote:
And the PM-in-waiting is a paid up member of this suicide cult. I posted on another thread that Christina Speight’s arguments were giving me pause for thought. I’ve paused. I’ve thought. We need to bring the political establishment down. No matter what.

There comes a time when whatever might be cannot be worse than what we have or is about to become - when wrecking the established order so that we can start again is the only logical option. These people have so far departed from sanity that there is no longer any point in civilised discourse. I agree wholeheartedly ... they must be brought down.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:31 pm 
Although the Advertising Standards Authority is usually on the wrong side in the important debates (don't attempt to try to get it to ban ads that state "Secondhand smoke kills"), Christopher Booker reported some good news in his latest column about its ordering the Health & Safety Executive not to repeat certain radio ads about asbestos:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/6258 ... ading.html

Here, therefore, is the link if you want to complain that your money is being used solely to persuade you not to feel bad about parting with even more of your money in the future:

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/how_to_complain/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:34 pm 
It's just Nu Labour doing what it does best - pissing OUR money up a wall.

They can target this particular sceptic all they want. All I'm going to do is tell them to stuff their green Nazi lies up their arses and then insist they do the same with a wind turbine.

Unconscionable bastards.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:53 pm 

Quote:
The storybook shows a British town deep under water, with people and animals drowning. Carbon dioxide is depicted as rising in clouds of black soot from cars and homes, including from a woman's hairdryer. The soot gathers into a jagged-toothed monster menacing the town.

It sounds like the propaganda equivalent of a spaceship pilot frantically smashing every button he can find on the flight deck to stop a hyper-speed collision with the sun.

Will the global warming jagged-tooth monster be available in plush?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:57 pm 

Watching a documentary on RT(Russian TV, in English) in August this year, 2 trucks pulling trailers combined weight of one 3 tonnes, left Russia and drove to the magnetic North Pole and back, the BBC was notably absent.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:11 pm 

This advert should create howls of derision when it's screened. If more than a miniscule number of the British population were to take such claptrap on board, then why bother with anything? Any nation that believed such a blatant lie, is demonstrating an average IQ so abysmally, so dysgenically low, as to render that nation unable to function, except at Third World levels of incompetence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Lynn
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bell_Curve

EOFS

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:45 pm 

AGW is an alliance of the frauds, who get paid from the system, the ignorant, who know nothing about it, and the stupid who believe all its propaganda without question.

The advert is part of the AGW gravy train. It's not going to change the minds of the frauds. The stupid already believe AGW. The ignorant are not going to be convinced by something which patronizes their intelligence.

What is the average IQ of a Coronation Street viewer? I suspect it's 90-100

Quote:
UK average IQ by class

Low class: 93.5 (11.6)
Middle class: 100.5 (13.7)
High class: 111.4 (12.8)

SI table 2
http://www.pnas.org/content/104/47/18860/suppl/DC1

I reckon that advert would not appeal to anyone with an IQ over 90. I've not watched it yet but it sounds like it is aimed at people with the mentality of an eight year old child.

I conclude from this, therefore, that the advertising will fail, and was only produced to satisfy those who funded the project*, not to actually change any minds (which is impossible).

*those with the mentality of eight year old children.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:50 pm 

During 'Coronation Street' eh?...Very smart placing indeed, bugger the cost.
Well, I reckon it won't be too long before there's no power to watch crap any more...and I didn't mean the 'Street' bit...on second thoughts though you can count that in too.
Then it's back to those bitterly remembered candles & oil-lamps; the last straw which drove me from the wretched country. Now they really do produce tons of soot but that won't bother the AGWarmistas, trying to keep warm (teehee) in their tatty overcoats & mittens.

As for our surrogate rulers, yes...where are you, General Pinochet, when we need you?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:52 pm 
RAENORTH wrote:
ELF wrote:
There comes a time when whatever might be cannot be worse than what we have or is about to become - when wrecking the established order so that we can start again is the only logical option. These people have so far departed from sanity that there is no longer any point in civilised discourse. I agree wholeheartedly ... they must be brought down.

Hi,

I well remember lengthy conversations about the complexity of Governance!

I have contended for 20 years this will end up on the streets as the system of governance denies the possibility of honest men providing honest representation.

My aim has NOT been the anarchic overthrow of government but the warning that when they inevitably bring this upon their heads to ensure You & I & WE are prepared and where possible psychologically prepared for the holocaust.

Prepared and e pluribus unum may JUST be able to ameliorate the obscenity the greed and self serving abrogation of duty by our political elite has brought upon up, aided and in many ways driven by our Snivil Cervants.

In Passing I note there must be an election coming - The Government is aiming £6M of utterly dishonest advertising at the least intellectually adequate in our society - soap watchers!

If you have the misfortune of watching the ad look out for political bias as it is probable it will be some smart Rs in the government who has found a duplicitous way in which to steal £6M of our money to advertise for Labour votes.

Regards,
Greg L-W.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:05 pm 

The snobbery isn't needed. I've never watched Coronation Street but the advert sounds like it would go better in the middle of Sesame Street.

It's aimed at an IQ far lower than even the Coronation Street viewer (see my above post for data).

Because the "science" hasn't convinced us, those who bankrolled the project want to scare us. The advert makers have thus created something to show the money men their advert contains everything on their check-list of scare stories, done in a "very scary" way.

The end result is something for the mentality of an eight year old, which neatly sums up the AGW class.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:07 pm 
Hi,

have you noticed Britain's largest single advertiser starts chucking our money around with 'gay' abandon when it wants support from the meeeeja.

Nothing gets the support of the meeeeja better or quicker than to pay the harlots.

MUST BE AN ELECTION COMING!

Regards,
Greg L-W.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:49 pm 

In support of my hypothesis the advert was designed to please those who spent £6m to commission it, rather than change any minds, as you would expect the greenies hate it.

Quote:
In perhaps the worst advert for stopping climate change I’ve ever seen, the cringe worthy short has the father telling his child how scientists found that global warming “was being caused by too much CO2, and it was the children of the land who’d have to live with the horrible consequences” (transcript).

I was being too harsh on eight-year old children.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 40 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next