Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:21 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Why?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:07 pm 
Site Admin

It may be a deceptively simple question, but why do we have to find about this from the official Chinese news agency? From this source, we learn that The EU "defence ministers" met in Gothenburg yesterday, and agreed "that better cooperation between civilian and military actors would contribute to improved maritime surveillance and more effective peace support operations."

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Why?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:12 pm 

Sharing "Intelligence" eh?
Whom do MI5 & 6 serve??

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:47 pm 
Just as I am continually puzzled why we need aircraft carriers with JSF, rather then helicopter carriers and Harriers, so I am puzzled what the A400M is for? Indeed I do not know why other European countries want the A400M either - it is not as though they do much fighting. There are enough military transports around without a EU-too. This is EU nationalism posing on the world stage.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:27 pm 

Is this the meeting that Brown was trumpeting on back in early September when he said we should have an international conference on Afghanistan. If so it looks like both Him and Ainsworth forgot to go.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:34 pm 
The meeting is the main article in the Swedish daily news broadcasts.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:22 pm 

Quote:
Just as I am continually puzzled why we need aircraft carriers with JSF, rather then helicopter carriers and Harriers, so I am puzzled what the A400M is for?

The JSF is needed because no more Harriers are being made, and the existing ones will run out of flying time in the next few years, and new carriers are needed because the Invincible class entered the fleet between 1980 and 1985, and are likewise running out of time. To be honest, I am starting to worry that the CVF programme may be cancelled, which would in effect mean the end of the Royal Navy as a serious fighting force.

As to the A400M, I can't help you there, it's a political boondoggle, not a valid military project.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]