Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
 Post subject: Irish Referendum thread
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:34 am 
Site Admin

Germany calling

... with a simple message.

View full article here

Another reason to dump Ryanair

According to Euronews Europe's biggest budget airline, Ryanair, has "climbed on board the campaign to give the Lisbon Treaty wings." We are told that the airline's chief executive Michael O'Leary has "dismissed what he called a lot of mumbo-jumbo in it" – whatever that means. But, for him, the "clincher" is concern over Ireland's economy. Presumably, he thinks that ratifying the treaty is going to make Ireland's economic woes evaporate.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Another reason to dump Ryanair
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:40 am 
Hopefully, O'Leary will play ball with the EU until he gets Aer Lingus, and then promptly stab the "Colleagues" in the back.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:29 am 
And Intel's hundreds of thousands of euros in support of Lisbon are surely entirely unrelated to its appeal against a E1bn antitrust fine from the EU.

(And if anyone is still tempted to fly Ryanair, please be aware that easyJet or another carrier will fly far closer to where you actually want to go. And please read this: http://tinyurl.com/c459j9)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:31 am 
The EU is like a mafiosa boss dispensing favours and 'protection' to those who cough up the readies and fawn at its feet. O Leary is just another EU stooge who will find that when the chips are really down the EU could not give a stuff about his poxy little airline. EU rules will come down on him as much as anyone else and if he thinks chucking money at the boss of bosses is going to make a difference for him come the day, he will be sadly disappointed.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:43 am 

Unlike the Mafia, the EU don't get things done. Plenty of demanding money with menaces and 'voluntary' regulations though. "That's a nice industry you've got there. It'd be a shame if something happened to it."

Ryanair and Intel - shrewd operators or shining examples of corporatism?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:23 pm 
I am thrilled to see a growing interest in the second arm twisting exercise that is another Irish vote on The EU Constitutional Treaty. Sod calling it The Lisbon crap. The deafening silence compared to last time round, from The MSM and so forth, is remarkable. If bloggers can force it into the open, a 'No' momentum might roll. Just as it did last time. I urge anyone interested to use, if they like it, the flag from my place, in pursuing and highlighting the campaign for 'No'.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:22 pm 

Well I used to have a lot of respect for O`Leary, especially when he stood up to the BBC. He always seemed a no nonsense sort of chap. I wonder how the Brussels Broadcasting Corporation will portray him now .

I thought Ryanairs hub was Stanstead Airport, not in Ireland . Whatever, are the colleagues of the EU going to forget about aircraft pollution and global warming for now ?
Perhaps we should apply pressure back. Not only by Boycotting (an word that originates in Irish history ) his ailine, but getting the greens worked up about pollution. Dr R North, you must be aware that aircraft dump their fuel over the sea or into the atmosphere if they are recalled or have to turn back to base. Why isn`t it better known ?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:00 pm 
If Ryanair and Intel are applying pressure to the voters of Ireland then why not me? So dear voters of Ireland, do the right thing and vote NO and my holiday plans are set, I shall be coming to see you and spend my money!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:37 pm 

Intel is not the first and won't be the last. In fact, sucking up to the government seems to have become the new national sport here in the US. Business after business, one industry after another, comfortable corporatism is replacing messy old competition. If the word "Mussolini" slides across your consciousnes, you are not the only on.

Post subject: Re: Irish Referendum thread
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:54 pm 

While the Irish referendum campaigns are ratcheting up, are other nations putting pressure on our own representatives for the same chance to vote?

Ireland is no fair proxy for the rest of us. The EU said as much when Ireland voted 'No', taking the view that 5million cannot hold up the other 500million but, many of the other 500million have not been asked.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:11 pm 
So the Germans are joining The Dutch? Good for them. The French also voted no but still the sods carry on. Unbelieveable.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:54 am 
"Michael O'Leary, the boss of Ryanair, has admitted in a television interview that one of the reasons he was campaigning for a "yes" vote in the Irish referendum was that the government was "incompetent". Yet he says, "I needed to persuade them to sell me Aer Lingus."

He's right on two levels: Brian Cowen and his cohorts are indeed "incompetent", and they own something that O'Leary wants.

However, O'Leary's true "government" - that in Brussels – is also "incompetent" (space forbids a full charge sheet but even casual EU Ref readers will know this) and it also needs persuading that any further sale of Aer Lingus to RyanAir (which already owns 30 per cent of its rival) is not anti-competitive. As O'Leary well knows, Neelie Kroes, the Competition Commissar, blocked the first of Mr O’Leary’s two takeover bids, citing "competition rules".

What better plan is there for O'Leary, then, than to throw money at Lisbon ratifcation, thereby satisfying *both* of the "incompetent" governments that, sadly, matter?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:08 am 

Isn't it amazing how many big companies back the EU? I'm sure it is not to ensure competition since actions show that there is suddenly less of it as the "competitors" are driven out by big business. And here we see the difference between communism and fascism, the former take the companies lock, stock and barrel, the latter use them to forward the EU plan. The end result is of course the same.

Derek

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

Derek W Buxton wrote:
Isn't it amazing how many big companies back the EU? I'm sure it is not to ensure competition since actions show that there is suddenly less of it as the "competitors" are driven out by big business. And here we see the difference between communism and fascism, the former take the companies lock, stock and barrel, the latter use them to forward the EU plan. The end result is of course the same.

Derek

You are quite right. But then EU regulation always impacts disporoportionately on small and medium firms, and thus favours the corporates. The most cost-effective way for thre corporates to increase market share is to drive their smaller competitors out of buisness. Regulation performs admirably in that respect.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]