Change font size
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: I can't wait
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:28 pm 
Site Admin

John Prescott has landed his most bizarre job yet - as professor of climate change at a Chinese university. Prezza has confounded his critics with his new role at Xiamen University on the south east coast of the country where he will give occasional lectures on global warming.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: I can't wait
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:49 pm 
Those inscrutable Chinese, eh! Prezza, a professor of climate change? A bullemic (?) cheat who probably believes ENSO has something to do with entertaining troops? They're taking the piss...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:58 pm 

I wonder how much he is being paid for this job.
And I wonder what he is really expected to do in exchange for it ...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:02 pm 
With Prezza jumping on the Climate Change Bandwagon, now is the time to enquire the odds from my friendly bookmaker on the GW/CC myth & scam coming out in the open before the year end..........

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:37 pm 

Is there anyone there with technical knowledge to fix my computer? It's not showing the date as April 1st.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:41 pm 
A story in yesterday's Observer says that later this week Professor Prezza 'will launch a new website, newearthdeal.org, designed to promote the idea of a fairer settlement on climate change for developing countries and to encourage the public to lobby politicians.' The current site is little more than a collection of clickable logos - The Council of Europe (the profezza is the Council of Europe's climate envoy), The Age of Stupid (of course) ... and Game Changer, the PR company that created the site. Click on the Game Changer logo. Oh! Another Prescott!

Game Changer? It looks like a very old game to me. I wonder how much lobbying David Prescott had to do to get his father to give him the contract.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:33 pm 
C'mon, give the bloke a chance - look at how many shaggable Chinese women there are in China. He knows what he's doing.

I suppose.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:04 pm 
David Prescott (see above) recently claimed that 'politics will never be the same again' now that Twitter is here. So I had a look. Oh, the inanity! The inanity! I'd heard the rumours but ... Here's a Tweet from Young Prezza, expert on viral media and nepotism, last week: 'Off to bed. Had lovely meal at La Figa with my two girls, Glama and Grumpy Gramps!'

Pass the sickbag, Aliceypoos!

(Incidentally, that Tweet is as strong an argument for the Oxford Comma as you're ever likely to find. Someone should stick it in the Wikipedia article in place of the tedious Ayn Rand example.)

And from the week before: 'Under orders from wife to buy KFC bargain bucket! Feel slightly cheap.'

Slightly? Dude, you're broadcasting details of your home-life to the whole world to raise the profile of your kfcing PR business.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:10 pm 
I know he always claims this, but where is the evidence that he negotiated the Kyoto Agreement. He was a negotiator, one of hundreds, but to claim that he brought it to fruition seems a bit of a stretch. Unless it was his idea to buy off Russia.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:42 pm 
The Chinese may be seen as inscrutable,but they do enjoy a laugh. This is a subtle Chinese insult,much in the mould of making one's horse a Senator,as did Caligula. Since China has refused to be crippled economically by emissions reduction,that is a fairly good indication of what China thinks of the whole thing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:43 am 
:lol: :lol: :lol: What a laugh.

The tosser just doesn't have the wit to see they've made a complete fool of him. Better still, neither do New Labour. But then I guess the tories and libdims are probably jealous it wasn't awarded to one of their own — after all, they too are blessed with an overwhelming abundance of failures themselves.

A little cheeky of the Chinks though. I agree with NRS and Peter. In my view they are taking the piss out of the whole of the West, not just us. But who could blame them?

However, they should have resisted the temptation. I don't see this as a smart move on their part. If I were Chinese I would have advised against it so that they could to keep the West on course as best they could to screw itself with AGW alarmism. Prescott won't do them any favours as the ridicule mounts. We'll have the last laugh. Dumb move.

So good news all round. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:16 am 

When he starts talking they'll be thinking he has taken lessons in the Chinese language, they'll probably understand him more than we can PDT_Armataz_01_22

Prescott, the mind boggles. I know this country is the laughing stock & dustbin of the world, but surely there has to be a limit to the embarrassment it can take.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:55 am 
I actually read

newearthdeal.org

as

neanderthal.org

Was I far off the mark ?

Alan Douglas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:48 pm 
If that is what a Northen boy who failed his 11+ has achieved I like to see what all you clever clogs who passed their 11+ and went to Grammer and private schools will achieve.
Perhaps may help solve the credit crunch. Or perhaps they caused it in the first place!
I Just can't wait!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

Ranjit wrote:
If that is what a Northen boy who failed his 11+ has achieved I like to see what all you clever clogs who passed their 11+ and went to Grammer and private schools will achieve.
Perhaps may help solve the credit crunch. Or perhaps they caused it in the first place!
I Just can't wait!

Well, it helps to be corrupt, a thief, without a principle in your body, a thug and a bully.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 17 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next