Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: There is a world out there!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

Just over a year ago, we reported that President Lech Kaczynski of Poland, after making no end of bellicose noises about the Lisbon treaty, had effectively folded and agreed to ratify it. Not weeks previously he had been telling the world that it was "pointless".

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: There is a world out there!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:28 pm 

Na, there is nothing else. It's all down to the Emil Hácha treatment from now on.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: There is a world out there!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:37 am 

Pleasingly (though not very diplomatically) William Hague, in a speech to the International Institute of Strategic Studies on 21/7/2009 about a future Tory-ruled Britain's likely foreign policy intentions, hardly mentioned the EU at all. See this website, then follow the link:
http://www.iiss.org/recent-key-addresse ... ss-jul-09/

Open Europe, commenting on this speech in its daily press summary (for 21/7/2009) reported that a "senior diplomat from a European Union nation" said "if this is really how they view things, then there is going to be a very difficult relationship between Britain and the EU if the Conservatives win." However, another senior diplomat from a leading EU state said (hopefully completely wrongly - in my view): "I'm fairly relaxed because I don't think this stance on the EU will meet with approval in the US. I think the Obama people will tell a Conservative government that Washington wants full UK engagement in Europe to continue. I don't think the Conservatives will ignore that."

http://us.mc456.mail.yahoo.com/mc/welco ... nd=2656195

Watchet

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]