Change font size
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: A Bronx cheer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:13 pm 
Site Admin

The improver of natural knowledge by the scientist refuses to recognise authority as such. To him, scepticism is the highest duty, blind faith the one unpardonable sin.

Thomas Henry Huxley, M.D., Essays on Controversial Questions (1889).

Today, international action on climate change is urgent and essential. Indeed, there can no longer be any debate about the need to act, because the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), of which I am chairman, has established climate change as an unequivocal reality beyond scientific doubt.

Rajendra Pachauri, today in The Guardian.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: A Bronx cheer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:45 pm 
What a prize fool. There is no 'unequivocal reality beyond scientific doubt', virtually by definition.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:45 am 
He is indeed a prize fool. Sadly, we are the prize mugs who are going to pay for all of this greenshite, as the political class (as ever) will be insulated from the fall out we face with energy cut offs and massive hikes in fuel prices, coupled with green taxes to save the planet, man.

I do hope I run into one of those earnest l little dreadlocked Greenpeace/save the Icelandic bunnies/whales little twats soliciting money from the stupid in town today as I feel in the just the right mood to let them know what I think of the 'green agenda.'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:42 am 

The European Commission is encouraging people to show their readiness to act against climate change. How? By distributing seedlings of the european spindle (Euonymus europaeus - I wonder if it was the 'eu' in the name that gave them the idea):
http://clickatree.europa.eu/click-a-tree-initiative.html
The fruit of that tree, while brightly coloured and attractive, is poisonous. By their fruit...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:06 am 

No mention of global warming? I would be happy to see them plan for climate change were they to treat equally seriously the prospect of global cooling and the onset of a new Ice Age which is a real prospect with warmer winters over the northern regions increasing snowfall, the consequent accretion of ice and it's cooling effect on climate over Europe.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:08 am 

But this guy's qualifications???????? he is a RAILWAY ENGINEER !!!!!!!!! excuse me for shouting but if you say it loud enough maybe someone will hear.

Post subject: A Bronx cheer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:53 am 

wrote:
Quote:
No mention of global warming? I would be happy to see them plan for climate change were they to treat equally seriously the prospect of global cooling and the onset of a new Ice Age which is a real prospect with warmer winters over the northern regions increasing snowfall, the consequent accretion of ice and it's cooling effect on climate over Europe.

Quite agree with you, mate! The warm period (Britain's hottest day was in 2003, b ut despite that only just over 100 degrees F) appears to have peaked, & cooler weather has followed. I was living at Walsall on that particular day, & didn't feel pespecially warm at all!

Thailand, where I was after the UK in 2003 & until early June this year, had much rainier periods than previously, & was not as hot as Thailand had been when I was there between 1998 & 2002. And now I'm finding Hobart really really chilly! Yet when I came here (Tasmania) at the same time of year in 1994 it was much milder! So from personal experience I do suspect "increased climatic variability". But not global warming! In fact at present, it's the prospect of global cooling that's bothering me!

My explanation why all the politicos are blowing hot air over alleged global warming - even blaming farm animals, for God's sake! - is TAXES. The prospect of extra taxes to pay off their electorates to gain them extra votes. Especially to pay for the steadily growing bands of aged pensioners (already large in Japan, & EU-member state Italy), & to provide state-financed medicine (eg in the US).

Governments are running short of money for their welfare schemes, & with huge recession-fighting deficit funding schemes also to pay for (eg US$ 10 trillion already in the USA - & rising daily), taxing carbon dioxide & other alleged global warming culprits is a heaven-sent remedy for "tax & spend"-style governments.

Watchet

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]