Change font size
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:28 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Developing a spine
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:46 am 
Site Admin

Perhaps there is hope for us yet. The Sunday Times is reporting that Gordon Brown's plans to create a legally enforceable "code of conduct" for MPs are in turmoil.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Developing a spine
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:19 am 

On recent form it would not only be a good day, it would be a quite incredible one.

In a real democracy Parliament would have primacy, not a government appointed body. History shows that such bodies are susceptible to government pressure and will take a steer from ministers acting in their own interest. A working democratic process would see voters able to hold politicians to account. That is what we should strive for, not a pack of placemen carrying out someone else's agenda.

"I don't have the energy to waste any more on politics, because I can see that it's something that I can't affect [...] because politics internationally has taken its own mould and it's an international private club."

Hugh Masekela

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:43 am 

With a history of half-baked constitutional reforms; devolution and HoL, undertaken for what appeared to be short-term political gain, Nu Labour and in particular, Gordon Brown, are the last people anyone would want to see tinker with things.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:24 pm 
"With a history of half-baked constitutional reforms; devolution and HoL, undertaken for what appeared to be short-term political gain, Nu Labour and in particular, Gordon Brown, are the last people anyone would want to see tinker with things."

On the contray,there are lots of things I would like to see Gordon Brown tinker with. A combined harvester,a wood chipper,an IED. Add your own.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]