Change font size
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:50 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Insanity rules
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:55 pm 
Site Admin

Americans should know that those Members who vote for this climate bill are voting for what is likely to be the biggest tax in American history.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Insanity rules
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:02 am 
Insanity or a nice little earner?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:24 am 
Site Admin

Not yet, not quite.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:01 am 
i have been following this assiduously, and posting variously and partout "insanity".

These congressVolk ARE insane. But, they don't live in the real weorld, so it's OK for them.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:17 am 
For Brits, I might like to point out that the "liberal" "left" in the US of A, are not, in fact populist, of the people, or anything. They are elitists. They all went to Harvard or Yale, just like Barry O, your hero. They all are VERY.WEALTHY, mostly inherited, (Kennedies, Kerry's wife Heinz, etc.) rather than earned, wealth! They look down their noses at working folk like Joe the Plumber.

The class warfare is inverted in the US of A. (Actually, if you had kept your eye on the ball, you would have noticed it has also been inverted in the UK).

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:24 am 
And, if I may continue my rant <I am very.angry grrrr> ....

.... they look down their noses at Joe the Plumber becuase of his "unsophisticated" views. Whilst their "sophistication" is leading them, and thus the bastion of freedom, down the country path!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:34 am 
"For Brits, I might like to point out that the "liberal" "left" in the US of A, are not, in fact populist, of the people, or anything. They are elitists. They all went to Harvard or Yale, just like Barry O, your hero. They all are VERY.WEALTHY, mostly inherited, (Kennedies, Kerry's wife Heinz, etc.) rather than earned, wealth! They look down their noses at working folk like Joe the Plumber."

So they will be all the more surprised when their heads fall into the basket?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:37 am 
The hell of it is, 8 Republicans voted for it. The good news is 50 Dems voted against. The scuttlebutt is, right now anyway, it is dead in the Senate.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/06/26/v ... and-trade/

I suspect Obama is going to have an increasingly hard time getting on with his agenda. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:06 am 
I being an American can only hope that it fails in the Senate.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:36 am 

Proof that the Bill is based on hard science can be found in Section 701: ... and no, the following is not parody or humour ... it's the real deal.

(a) Findings- The Congress finds as follows:
(1) Global warming poses a significant threat to the national security, economy, public health and welfare, and environment of the United States, as well as of other nations.
(2) Reviews of scientific studies……….demonstrate that global warming is the result of the combined anthropogenic greenhouse gas emissions from numerous sources
(3) Because they induce global warming, greenhouse gas emissions cause or contribute to injuries to persons in the United States, including–
(A) adverse health effects such as disease and loss of life;
(B) displacement of human populations;
(C) damage to property and other interests related to ocean levels, acidification, and ice changes;
(D) severe weather and seasonal changes;
(E) disruption, costs, and losses to business, trade, employment, farms, subsistence, aesthetic enjoyment of the environment, recreation, culture, and tourism;
(F) damage to plants, forests, lands, and waters;
(G) harm to wildlife and habitat;
(H) scarcity of water and the decreased abundance of other natural resources;
(I) worsening of tropospheric air pollution;
(J) substantial threats of similar damage; and
(K) other harm.

I think I'll go and pour myself a stiff drink and relax in the comfort of knowing that I live in one of the last places on earth where commonsense still rules ... Saskatchewan, Canada.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:40 am 

I like the comment that this is a narrowly missed victory.
With MSM running cover on dead entertainers and only the blogosphere on watch the effort and results of the last few days have been exhilarating. The e-mails of shenanigans in the EPA broke, a journalist spouted the official line and a whistleblower popped up on Watts Up With That to confirm there was a problem. WUWT having brokered an anonymity deal enabled the journalist to get an important exclusive. The Dems drop in a 300 page amendment 8 hrs before the vote with a media blackout...
Well the furore from this should scare the Senate into thinking, and I think we can declare the high-tide mark of climate alarmism.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:34 am 

What do I do ?????
in 10 years I will be a pensioner,
in 10 years I will either drown or be burnt to death !!!!!!!
(quoted from another blog by Anonymous )

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:20 am 
Site Admin

nottoobrite wrote:
What do I do ?????

Die!

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:43 pm 
And in the meantime why did nobody comment on the odd $100,000,000,000 per annum that our deluded Broon casually wishes to tax us for this non-existent problem?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:57 pm 
Site Admin

Ron Zelius wrote:
And in the meantime why did nobody comment on the odd $100,000,000,000 per annum that our deluded Broon casually wishes to tax us for this non-existent problem?

Good point ... actually, I'm saving that for a Sunday post, to tie in with the Booker column.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next