Change font size
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Will the real General Dannatt stand up?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

With remarkable candour, a General Sir Richard Dannatt is now admitting to failures in the campaign in Iraq - but others have not always agreed. Currently, this General is telling us that Britain missed the opportunity to stabilise Iraq after the 2003 invasion and was too quick to shift resources to the conflict in Afghanistan. But that is today's view delivered to the Royal United Services Institute.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Will the real General Dannatt stand up?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 4:43 pm 

Are all three of these militarily 'flipping' guys being paid at our expense?
Quote:
He goes on to say that the coalition had also failed to ensure it had enough troops on the ground, "surging" the numbers when the situation demanded. "In truth," he adds, "we failed to maintain the force levels required, either of coalition forces or Iraqi forces, and particularly towards the later end of the campaign, by which time we were already committed to a new operation in Afghanistan."

Have I not read somewhere, within the last few days, that the size of our military is to be further reduced?

From "the Incredible Shrinking Man" film:
"...........But before long he's shrinking again, becoming so tiny that he is forced to live in a dollhouse. When Scott is attacked by his pet cat, his wife assumes that he's been killed; in fact, Scott, by now so minuscule that even a garden-variety spider poses a deadly threat to him, is hiding in his cellar. By film's end, Scott is no larger than an atom. Uncertain of what is in store for him, he steps out into the mists, summing up his newfound philosophy: "Smaller than smallest, I meant something too. To God there is no zero. I still exist!"......."

Post subject: Re: Will the real General Dannatt stand up?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:02 pm 

This latest Dannatt cannot be the true one. There is barely a mention of the MOD being underfunded.

I can forsee the major line to be given to the inquiry is that the American led coalition plans were crap but we didn't have enough influence or resources to change them. The Iraqi army shouldn't have been obliterated and not enough thought was given to the post invasion planning. Once those cock-ups came into play the actual operations on the ground would be all the more difficult though not at all impossible.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]