Change font size
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:36 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: Filling the vacuum
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

Where one would like to see the blogosphere leading the charge, dominating the political debate as it is doing in the United States, the heart sinks when we see the desperately trivial contribution to the "great constitutional debate" made by Tory Diary.

Oblivious to the discussions going on around him, Tim Montgomerie suggests only what amount to marginal changes, failing to address the fundamental failures in the system, arguing for such things as a five percent annual reduction in taxpayer funding of political parties until it is completely eliminated. Even his one substantive point, "A renegotiation of our relationship with Europe that will see key powers returned to Westminster" is weak, building on the Conservative myth that renegotiation is in fact a possibility.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Filling the vacuum
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:47 pm 
And why should the BNP not fill the huge field of common sense which the 'mainstream' parties have abandoned? The people who voted BNP have thought about where their vote should go and not simply been led like sheep to a dip to vote Labour (or Conservative) just because "I've always voted labour and my Mum and Dad always voted Labour". I'd reckon that it is the 'knuckle-draggers' who will be voting for the Establishment's parties in spite of the mass of evidence of their unfitness to govern.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

Allan_Aberdeen wrote:
And why should the BNP not fill the huge field of common sense which the 'mainstream' parties have abandoned? The people who voted BNP have thought about where their vote should go and not simply been led like sheep to a dip to vote Labour (or Conservative) just because "I've always voted labour and my Mum and Dad always voted Labour". I'd reckon that it is the 'knuckle-draggers' who will be voting for the Establishment's parties in spite of the mass of evidence of their unfitness to govern.

Well, I don't regard the BNP as offering common sense - but that is a matter of opinion. However, taking the establishment parties and their followers at their own estimation, if they have answers to the BNP, they should give them. More to the point, if we are to have a government which is more effective - and thereby avoids the problems which the BNP focuses on - then we need fundamental reforms. Either way, ducking the issues will indeed leave the field open to the BNP.

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:20 pm 

Tonight's Populus poll puts the BNP on 5%

http://www.order-order.com/2009/05/popu ... hind-ukip/

But would all potential BNP voters admit that to a pollster?

The UKIP number is frankly scary.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:34 pm 

The Telegraph tells us not to vote UKIP as that is a wasted vote, and another comment tells us that no Christian can vote for the BNP. I guess we should vote Tory then should we Mr Telegraph? Oh, except they started the whole expenses scam, took us into the EEC then the EU and are just as bad as Labour for filling their pockets with gold now. And that's not even mentioning the fact that they sat by while Labour got this country into decades worth of debt and even said they would pretty much match Labours spending. I wish that constitutional party had been set up a few years back.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:46 pm 
Site Admin

John Page wrote:
Tonight's Populus poll puts the BNP on 5%

http://www.order-order.com/2009/05/popu ... hind-ukip/

But would all potential BNP voters admit that to a pollster?

The UKIP number is frankly scary.

Expect the establishment to go into full anti-UKIP mode for the rest of the week. However, the postal votes are already in ... so its a Labour win!

Stuart wrote:
The Telegraph tells us not to vote UKIP as that is a wasted vote, and another comment tells us that no Christian can vote for the BNP. I guess we should vote Tory then should we Mr Telegraph?...

Since the EU parliament is a waste of space, it is rather appropriate to waste a vote on it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:09 pm 
Site Admin

I imagine the Christian vote is to go to the Christian Party/Christian Alliance, Stuart. They have been campaigning around the country.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 11:36 pm 
The polls show the BNP on 4 - 5% so the media and blogosphere should not be winding themselves into a frenzy. However, the results from current local elections in traditionally Labour and Conservative areas have the BNP at 16 - 20%, and beating UKIP consistently. It should be emphasised that the latter numbers are real votes from people who are actually bothered to vote

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:20 am 
Yeah Allen but they only stand in areas where they are strong, if they only get 20% in their best results the overall average will be nothing like that.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:08 am 
Not really, Dave. As has been reported on this site, the BNP has put up candidates in the most unlikely places and been getting circa 15%. The results have always had accompanying understated opinion poll results and then, in the polling booth, people tick the BNP's box. Is this a deep-rooted, split-second survival instinct kicking in, or are people genuinely afraid to admit support for the BNP? In either case, it's not a good situation for a country's electorate.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:41 am 

FWIW I'm getting the feeling that a lot of people know they'll vote BNP but they won't tell anyone, not even pollsters.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:10 pm 

Quote:
And yesterday, we saw another by-election success for the BNP, where it took 19 percent of the vote in Middlesborough's North Ormesby & Brambles Farm ward, coming second after Labour and relegating the Conservatives to third place.

You may be sure that any Labour successes are due to the 'captive vote' of Grauniad jobsworths, Welfare recipients & the like. No deputy assistant multi communal outreach research officer...or his/her clients...will vote to jeopardise the gravy train.

We continually hear the truth about the European Parliament in that it is utterly superfluous & serves not the slightest useful purpose.

Be that as it may...and it is...but at this particular moment in time it is of the utmost importance in that it can be a sounding board for public opinion on our domestic politics...and it should be used as such. Voting BNP in the Euros is not a waste of time but will send a clear message, especially to the bloody Tories who got us into all this, to get their sad act together and PROMISE to give our country back to us come what may!
Vote BNP in the Euros

PDT_Armataz_01_40

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]