Change font size
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:05 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: If, if, if
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:14 pm 
Site Admin

No this is not a posting about Kipling's great poem (that would not belong to this blog) but a short musing on the Conservative Party's change of heart (if there is, indeed, a change) over governance and, in particular, the European issue.

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: If, if, if
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:49 pm 
'and we are going to do this how?'

Close your eyes, cross your fingers and hope something happens.

Good news is the Tories are at least talking much, much more on the subject of the EU. For the results of this timid change of tack we shall have to wait and see. For all it's worth Helen I am convinced that the UK will either be thrown out of the Evil Empire or the whole edifice will collapse under its own weight of unaccountability. I have lived and worked in many countries around Europe and based on my observations and discussions 'normal' people are just either anti or plain bored with the whole project. I ask just one simple question 'what's the project trying to achieve?' Never ever get an answer, lots of guff but nothing substantial.

I don't know what the catalyst for the end game will be, but I believe it will come sooner rather than later. I am no longer young and I am convinced I shall see the collapse.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:52 pm 

Quote:
"And we are going to do this how?"

By shooting Cameron and all the other 'tards before they shoot us.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Reform: A Westminster red herring
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:56 pm 

Ian Parker Joseph has a post entitled "Reform: A Westminster red herring" http://thejournal.parker-joseph.co.uk/b ... 02669.html which I commend to the commentariat.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:05 pm 

"If, if, if".

"That's a lot of ifs" to quote David Cameron on the Andrew Marr show recently, when he was asked about what would happen if the Lisbon Treaty was ratified and if the Tories were elected at the GE. Marr didn't manage to pin him down and Cameron got quite agitated; odd that, it was a predictable line for Marr.

I think that in an ideal world, Cameron would rather things hadn't gone so far with EU integration, but tells himself he isn't living in an ideal world.

The EU elections are coming and he doesn't want a disaster; time to sharpen up the message about not letting matters rest, but leaving wriggle room. The Euros will soon be over and normal service can be resumed. For the present, Redwood's on song with his cheerful and necessarily vague message about renegotiation, to keep the suckers on side, or as many as remain. Afterwards, the EU question can be held at bay with some token negotiations and worthless concessions. He'd like to be a man of the calibre to lead us out of Europe, but you have to realise your limitations.

The only way we'll escape the clutches of the EU is through Westminster and these anaemic statements are heartening. If not to be taken at face value, they may be the dawning of a realisation, and I suspect the man (or woman) to lead us out will have to be cornered into it.

Take Tebbit's advice and don't vote for any of the big three come June 4th. UKIP or the BNP. Strengthen DC's resolve. Tough now, but he'll thank you later.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:22 am 
I was positively shocked last week, when I made a short trip back to blighty (my first in over two years), by the amount of anti EU feeling that has risen to the surface since my last visit.

Almost everyone I met whether it was black/white, old/young, male/female or left/right had a good deal of negative comment about the EU with most wanting out. Maybe it's because the election is just around the corner but it warmed the cockles of my heart no end.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:29 am 
comet wrote:
Strengthen DC's resolve.
Yeah. Indeed. He and his kind could do with being a lot stiffer. And the sooner the better.

But as far as I'm concerned they already are. And I'm not voting for dead men.

comet wrote:
Tough now, but he'll thank you later.
That lying shit's got nothing I want. Tough now, tough later. Tough shit. They've had their day. Let them rot. When they're done with that they can burn in hell. If he wants to thank me for that I won't stop him.

I will NEVER again vote for those twisted mucks.

I WILL vote for the BNP.

Furthermore, I want revenge.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:01 am 
Site Admin

A dish best savoured cold, John!

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 2:40 am 

As savers lend a bank their money we deposit our sovereignty in Westminster for safe keeping but they've lent it to anyone who asked for it - quangos, 'experts', consultants, the EU, UN and God knows who else. A profitable business as they take credit for the good times and blame the external institutions for the bad times. As with banks Westminster seems to view the loans as assets and the deposits as liabilities. And also as with banks they have become gripped by a madness where the more powers they can lend out the more profitable it appears.

We are Parliament's only creditors and they need reminding of their obligations to us. Parliament is unwilling to return our deposits on demand or call in it's loans to the EU and all the others. Dave needs to decide what is most important - calling time on the loans in order to return what is ours or fobbing us off for long enough in the hope that those loans will go bad of their own accord.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: If, if, if
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:01 am 

The question Cameron needs to answer, as Richard has indicated before, is: how will he deal with the EU, or significant numbers of major EU member states, if they say "No!" to whatever he wants Britain to be able to withdraw from among the EU's current rules & practices?

If he meekly surrenders to an EU "No!", then both he & Britain will be humiliated. And that will be as toxic for his popularity & premiership as Labour's lies over the EU Lisbon treaty referendum rejection have been for them. So, once started, he has to keep going, & producing regular tangible & desirable results.

How much will the EU co-operate? Almost certainly, either very little, or only deceptively so. Either flat "Nos!" on major issues, & deceptive 'snow jobs', or making whatever concessions they make expensive in one way or another (ie not necessarily financially), in others. The EU will be doing its very best to give away very little - as it has done with Ireland, despite Ireland's initial Lisbon treaty rejection - to prevent a loud cry from some other countries of "Me too, please", & at the same time fury from the EU's integrationist zealot fan club.

How will Cameron, or anyone else who takes on what is really quite a difficult task (ie if he/she wants to be diplomatic, rather than taking an obviously hard line), be able to achieve anything worthwhile at all? Only by using the support of UK voters in referendums on this issue, & calling on dis-illusioned fellow Europeans to demand the same in their own countries. Getting fellow European co-operation may have some success - or perhaps unfortunately nothing substantial at all.

The EU & its fanatical supporters will be doing everything in their power to prevent the UK succeeding, because they will fear a general disintegration of their power otherwise, & of their objectionable integrationist ideals too.

Say the UK is ultimately expelled. What harm will that do to the UK? None,I would suspect. And if no real harm comes, then others will be tempted to at least gain some of Britain's opt-outs short of a similar expulsion. And that will serve to weaken what remains of the EU - which is all to the good, in my opinion.

It seems very much like an FDR situation to me: "We have nothing to fear, except fear itself!"

Watchet

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 1:40 pm 
Dave 'Boy Green' knows the Cons are losing votes to UKIP. Hence, the tough talk over the EU. It is mere posturing. Once in 'power' Davey boy will resort to the Cons default position of "in Europe and run by Europe."

I am voting UKIP, stuff the main parties they are all EU sock puppets.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 6:03 pm 

I think we're all going to be voting with our protest hats on at the Euro's, however the next general election will be decided on who wants to give the most power back to the people, the tories have been talking, very quietly of course about allowing people to bring popular referenda as well as a recall mechanism, now if we get that power I'd say this country will be out of the EU and taking the lead in the European free trade association (something which every pro EU MP seems to have forgotten exists) within 6 months, and if we go, the whole thing will go.

Power to the People!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 7:14 pm 

Today's Spiegel:

http://www.spiegel.de/international/eur ... #ref=nlint

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]