Change font size
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:09 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: Quite right too
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 1:45 am 
Site Admin

"Today, on the 21st day of our inquiries, it can be disclosed that a Conservative grandee avoided paying capital gains tax after making a £600,000 profit on the sale of his taxpayer-funded house, which he designated as his second home.

Sir John Butterfill submitted regular claims for the cost of running the six-bedroom country house, including £17,000 alone on servants' quarters."

View full article here

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Quite right too
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:52 am 

Really Richard, when servants are not serving they should be kept in the attic and cellar, barns are for cows.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:51 am 

My latest offering to the Telegraph:

Sir,

Our MP's have allowed our country to be effectively federalised with the rest of Europe, with an Executive/government completely unelected. This is a constitutional outrage which makes the West Lothian question look like a walk in the park.

Our MP's have allowed over 100,000 pages of law to be made without their scrutiny and hence the EU is the Westminster Bypass. Our MP's also continue to allow tax payers money to pass to an organisation that hasn't had its accounts pass audit for the last decade and more. Is it any wonder they engorge themselves of tax payers money and exempt themselves from paying tax. Who would want to be a British voter in these times?

But we only have ourselves to blame for letting our representatives take us for such a ride. We need to take back control of our country and those who seek to represent us. We need a political system that helps us keep control of our scoundrels and unfortunately we cannot look to any of those present scoundrels to create such a system.

We need to take far greater care of who we elect and not just look at the colour of their rosette. We are leaving more than an economic legacy for our grandchildren.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:02 am 
From wikipedia, John Butterfill was awarded a knighthood in 2003 for 'his services to Parliament'. Given that his 'services to Parliament' were mainly his self-enrichment through the taxpayer, I find his knighhood a bit hard to stomach. It does show just how much the honours system has been debased by government, and by Labour in particular.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:02 am 
Site Admin

Allan_Aberdeen wrote:
From wikipedia, John Butterfill was awarded a knighthood in 2003 for 'his services to Parliament'. Given that his 'services to Parliament' were mainly his self-enrichment through the taxpayer, I find his knighhood a bit hard to stomach. It does show just how much the honours system has been debased by government, and by Labour in particular.

See also this ... from the same source:

Quote:
He has recently been noted for campaigning for an increase in parliamentary pay and been quoted in the press as saying that "there are a lot of unhappy bunnies" in relation to MP's remuneration."

This is also quite interesting:

http://edmi.parliament.uk/EDMi/EDMDetai ... DMID=34188

We are a satellite state of the Greater European Empire, ruled by a supreme government in Brussels. We owe this government neither loyalty nor obedience. It is not our government. It is theirs. It is our enemy.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:29 am 
Alas, the current economic downturn has meant that one has to 'let go' , to use the ghastly modern term for firing, of some of the servants. I could not bear to part with faithful old Hendricks, however, so did the decent thing and shot him behind the stables. Rum deal, but I know he would have appreciated it as the instrument used was one of Papa's finest hunting rifles.

I am now keeping the rifle for the next MP that knocks on the drawbridge asking if I can rely on his vote.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:47 am 
Site Admin

Lordsnotty wrote:
Alas, the current economic downturn has meant that one has to 'let go' , to use the ghastly modern term for firing, of some of the servants. I could not bear to part with faithful old Hendricks, however, so did the decent thing and shot him behind the stables. Rum deal, but I know he would have appreciated it as the instrument used was one of Papa's finest hunting rifles.

I am now keeping the rifle for the next MP that knocks on the drawbridge asking if I can rely on his vote.

I do hope you will be keeping the moat clean ... one would not want his poor carcase soiled when the undertaker picks it up. One has to think of the staff, y'know.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:03 am 
It is only the ghastly lower orders who bill the taxpayer for moat cleaning. My good friend, HRH Prince Charles, tells me that dead politicians make splendid compost when mixed with other forms of shit from the farm.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:04 am 

Got to keep the moat clean for the Pirahnas. Got to have Piranhas for DEFRA visits. Not much choice being rich y'know.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:05 am 

Politicians are bio-degradable? You sure?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:43 am 
Site Admin

SandyRham wrote:
Politicians are bio-degradable? You sure?

Toxic waste m'boy.

Profile E-mail  

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]